"One Person Can Make a Difference" Lecture Series
Since 2001 the Center for Conflict Resolution has hosted the “One Person Can Make a Difference” lecture series. It provides the campus and Salisbury community with a unique opportunity to spend an evening with individuals who have walked off the pages of world history. Each person in the lecture series provides a first person account of some of the most inspiring stories of our age, focuses our attention on the power of creative problem solving, non-violent action and power of the spoken word.
- Arun Gandhi: "Nonviolence in the Age of Terrorism"
- President Frederik Willem de Klerk: "Leadership and Making a Difference"
- Ibrahim Agboola Gambari: "Promoting Peace Amidst Demanding Conflicts"
- Robert Bell: "Justice and Social Change"
- Lech Walesa: "Democracy: The Never Ending Battle"
- Dr. Helen Caldicott: "The New Nuclear Danger"