Applying to the Major
Secondary/P12 Professional Teacher Education Program.
Admission to the Professional Teacher Education Program (PTEP) requires that a series of pre-professional required courses and major requirements be completed prior to admission into the Professional Teacher Education Program. Professional Teacher Education Program admission is required to enroll in secondary education professional program courses.
- Complete the following Pre-Professional required program courses with no grade below “C”.
EDFN 210: School in a Diverse Society
SCED 300: Development, Learning and Assessment
ENGL 103: Composition and Research
- Successfully pass PRAXIS CORE (or the MSDE equivalent) and provide an official score report to the Department of Secondary and Physical Education office, TE 379.
- Submit an application for formal admission to the education advisor for processing. Obtain written approval from both the content major advisor and education advisor.
- Complete a minimum of 56 college credits with a minimum GPA of 2.50, including transfer courses.
- Earn a cumulative major GPA of 2.75 or higher, including transfer courses that fulfill major program requirements.
- Complete four courses in the major field.
- Exhibit appropriate professional program candidate dispositions.
Professional Teacher Education Applications may be printed from the links below or picked up in the Department of Secondary and Physical Education office, TE 379.