MASMI U-Pitch Competition
MAMSI U-Pitch Competition is an elevator pitch competition for all freshman and sophomores at Salisbury University. It is hosted by the Mid-Atlantic Sales and Marketing Institute (MASMI) at Franklin P. Perdue School of Business.
Date, Time and Location
- Date: April 2, 2019
- Time: 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Location: Guerrieri Student Union, 2nd Floor, Nanticoke Room
- Attire: Business Formal
- All students to be on location and registered by 3:30 PM
1st Place $250
2nd Place $100
3rd Place $50
In addition, the student who wins first place can pick an organization or a department, within Salisbury University, to which MASMI will donate another $250.
What is an Elevator Pitch?
An elevator pitch is a brief introduction of yourself to a potential employer/decision maker usually lasting between 30-90 seconds, or about the time it would take for an average elevator ride.
For the purpose of this competition, yours will be limited to 60 seconds and you will pitch on “This is the reason why I am the best person for your company”.
U-Pitch Competition Guidelines and Eligibility
- The competition is open to all freshmen and sophomores at Salisbury University.
- Students must complete an online application form by March 29 to enter the competition.
- First 200 applicants will be considered for the competition.
- If less than 50 students apply, the competition will be cancelled.
- Students who win first place one year cannot enter the competition the year after.
The U-Pitch Competition consists of two rounds:
Round 1: Students are randomly divided into groups of 10 competitors. Competitors enter a room to individually present their elevator pitch to 3 judges at the same time. Put your best foot forward and make a lasting impression on the judges to score the highest points in order to be one of the ten competitors who make it to round 2. You will pitch them on “This is the reason why I am the best person for your company”.
Round 2: The ten finalists will pitch in front of all the judges and other competitors on the same topic “This is the reason why I am the best person for your company”. The finalist can choose to give the same pitch they presented in round 1 or give a new pitch.
Register by MARCH 29 by completing and submitting the following form:
Please send an email to email@example.com