Hazardous Weather Outlook in Effect Through October 2
Salisbury University students on campus

"How To" Information

GullNet Help Videos

Visit the Registrar's How-To Videos web page to find video tutorials on any of the topics below. (Following any of the links below will redirect you to the Registrar's website)

Program Planning Tools

Finding Your Academic Advisor

To find your academic advisor/faculty mentor, login to GullNet and access your student center. On the left portion of the page, you will see a box entitled "Advisor" where you can view the contact information of each advisor/mentor assigned to you. Need help? Follow these video directions.

Academic Requirements Report

It is important for students to be aware of their degree requirements. This information can be viewed in the Academic Requirements Report accessible in GullNet. Students should regularly review their requirements to ensure progress towards degree attainment. Prior to meeting with their academic advisor, students should review their Academic Requirements Report to understand their degree requirements and be better prepared for their advising appointment.

The Academic Requirement Report is available to students through their Gull Net account - Self Service - Student Center. In the dropdown box, select "Academic Requirements" and click the ">>" button. Need help? Follow these video directions (link pending).

Academic Planning Tools

Students should also refer to University's catalog for program requirements and curriculum guides in conjunction with Academic Requirement Report to ensure accurate program planning. This information has been developed by the University based on the current catalog year. Students should consult the Academic Requirements report in GullNet before and after registering for classes each semester to track academic progress.

How to Declare or Change a Major or Minor

Current students interested in declaring and/or changing their intended program of study should submit an Academic Records Update Request in GullNet. Click here for PDF instructions on finding and submitting the request in GullNet. Once completed you will receive a confirmation email from the Registrar's Office after your intended program of study's academic department has reviewed the request. If approved, a new advisor will be assigned as part of this process.

Current students should make sure to be aware of any changes in advisor when changing academic programs in order to contact the appropriate advisor during program planning. Students should review their academic requirements report after a change of major/minor is approved in order to review new program requirements.

It is important that students declare or change their major/minor as soon as they start following a new program. For the most effective advising, please submit your request before advising sign-ups for Program Planning (beginning of October in fall or March in spring). If you have urgent questions prior to your request being processed, please contact the professional advisor or advising services coordinator for your new program or school.

Graduation Application & Requirements

Applying for Graduation

Before applying for graduation, students should review their Academic Requirements Report to ensure that they are on-track to successfully complete all requirements. The report can be found in Gull Net - Self Service - Student Center. If there are any discrepancies in requirements within the report, students should meet with their advisor to review an academic checklist and/or university catalog.

It is vital that graduating seniors be familiar with their degree requirements and apply on-time for graduation. Students applying for graduation by the posted deadlines will be audited for degree completion prior to their last semester at SU and notified of any missing requirements.

Students applying for graduation should make sure to adhere to the following deadlines:

May or August Graduation - Apply by November 15

December or January Graduation - Apply by May 15

The graduation application should be submitted online through Gull Net following the links of Student Center - Degree Progress/Graduation - Apply for Graduation. Students encountering any questions while applying online for graduation should contact the Registrar's Office at 410-543-6150.

Students applying late for graduation also apply online but are encouraged to see the Registrar's Office for a late graduation instructions. Late graduation applicants risk not being audited in a timely manner, as well as possibly not being eligible to graduate during their desired semester.

Graduation ceremonies take place for the December and May graduation dates only. Students are responsible for adhering to and following all Commencement information.

Graduation Requirements

To be eligible to graduate, students must meet the following requirements:

1. Students must be matriculated in the University.

2. Students must successfully complete at least 120 credit hours of coursework with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher. Courses repeated because of unsatisfactory grades only count once towards the 120 credit minimum.

3. Students must take 30 of the last 37 credit hours at Salisbury University (special cooperative programs are exempt).

4. Students must complete at least 30 credit hours at the University by direct classroom instruction and/or laboratory experience and not through credit by examination.

5. Students must complete at least 30 credit hours at the 300/400 level with grades of C or better. Transfer students must complete at least 15 of their 30 upper-level credits at Salisbury University (note: other than field-based courses in the Department of Education, courses taken on a PS/F basis do not satisfy this requirement).

6. Students must satisfy the General Education requirements.

7. Students must satisfy the requirements in at least one major program of study including the major's required grade point average.

8. Students must earn grades of C or better in ENGL 103.

9. Students must submit an Application for Diploma to the Registrar by the appropriate date and make arrangements to repay any outstanding fines and debt to the institution. The application is available online through Gull Net - Self Service - Application for Graduation.

Study at Another Institution

Current students wishing to study at another institution need to complete the Request to Study at Another Institution form. The form is available online from the "Forms" section of the Registrar's website .

The form must be submitted to the Registrar's Office PRIOR to enrolling in a course at another institution. Course descriptions may be required for some courses. Students should carefully follow all instructions on the form in order to gain approval to take the courses. Official transcripts are required upon completion of any courses taken at another institution and should be sent to the Registrar's Office.

Current students are limited to the total number of credits that can transfer from another institution. A total of sixty-four credits can transfer from a two-year institution and a combined total of ninety credits can transfer from a four-year institution. Additionally, students are required to complete 30 of their last 37 credits at Salisbury University for residency purposes.

While all students need to go through the official Request to Study process, students taking a course at a Maryland Community College can refer to ARTSYS , an articulation system within Maryland, that shows the transferability of courses from Maryland community colleges to Maryland four-year schools. ARTSYS should only be used as an unofficial planning tool.

Please note: If a student receives a grade of D/F in a course and retakes the same course at another institution, D/F grade will remain at Salisbury University. Students cannot repeat the same course at another institution and receive the other institution's grade. Students should always consult with their academic advisor prior to retaking a course as some schools (such as Henson and Perdue) and/or specific majors do not allow you to repeat a course elsewhere.