March 12 All SU Activities Canceled and Building Closed to the Public
Thursday March 12, 2020 6:20 p.m.
To the Campus Community,
Following today’s announcement from Governor Hogan regarding state precautions against the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19):
- All SU buildings are closed to the public, effective immediately.
- Students, faculty and staff should anticipate online instruction through the remainder of the spring semester.
- All activities on campus are canceled until further notice, including those scheduled by outside parties through Facilities Reservations.
- Spring athletics are suspended until further notice.
- The University will provide additional guidance for courses that cannot be completed online, instructional delivery for faculty, teleworking for staff and resources for students.
SU officials will address some of these new initiatives during tomorrow’s COVID-19 town hall meeting, beginning at 1:30 p.m. A link to the livestream will be posted on SU’s COVID-19 webpage.
University System of Maryland Chancellor Jay Perman also has provided guidance on several of these topics.
We know many members of the SU community will have questions, and we ask for your patience as we work to determine answers that may not be readily available. Please continue to monitor your email, the SU COVID-19 webpage, and the University’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages for more information in the coming days.