- Teachers College, Columbia University , EdD, Nursing Education , 2021
- Salisbury University, MSN, Clinical Nursing Education, 2012
- Salisbury University, BSN, 2nd Degree Nursing, 2007
- Frostburg State University, BS, Psychology, 2001
Areas of Expertise
- Forensic/Correctional Healthcare
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
Amanda J. Willey teaches psychiatric mental health nursing and community health nursing to senior nursing students in the School of Nursing at Salisbury University. Previously she has worked with emotionally disturbed children, in forensics/correctional health, and administration. After an initial Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Frostburg State University, she returned to school completing her second degree in nursing and a Master’s Degree in Clinical Nursing Education, both from Salisbury University. She completed her Ed.D in nursing education at Teachers College, Columbia University, where she was a Jonas Scholar (Cohort V). Her dissertation research was promoting academic integrity among nursing students.