Sports medicine focuses on helping people improve their athletic performance, recover from injury and prevent future injuries. At Salisbury University, our sports medicine program will help prepare you for this specialized career field.
Why Choose Sports Medicine at SU?
Requirements for a minor in sports medicine consist of five courses. Only course in which a student earns a grade of C or better may be applied to the minor. Only one course may be used to meet a General Education requirement, and at least three courses must be completed at SU.
Students in the sports medicine minor must complete the following courses:
- BIOL 215 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- ATTR 210 Foundations of Athletic Training
- ATTR 213 Pathology of Injuries and Illnesses
- EXSC 213 Injury Prevention and Emergency Management
- ATTR 333 Anatomy of Human Movement
Students must also complete one of the following:
- ATTR 401 Therapeutic Modalities
- ATTR 402 Orthopedic Assessment
- ATTR 403 Foundations of Therapeutic Exercise