International Business Major
As a growing number of U.S. firms work through international channels, business administration graduates are becoming increasingly involved with international aspects of business. The international business program at Salisbury University allows students to gain the knowledge and skills required for global careers. So, go global: We’ll help prepare you for a career you can consider an adventure.
Why Choose International Business at SU?
What sets SU apart from other programs across the country is its focus on experiential learning. Our program consists of three components to give students real-world experience in their field instead of just lecture time in the classroom:
- Internships. All international business students are required to complete an internship with an organization before graduation. This Applied Business Learning Experience (ABLE) internship helps students prepare for their careers by gaining hands-on experience.
- Foreign language learning. All students majoring in international business demonstrate proficiency in at least one of the major business languages: Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Hindi or Korean.
- Study abroad opportunities. The main objective of this program is to graduate students who can adapt quickly to foreign cultures and a fast-changing global environment. Therefore, international business students will spend a semester studying abroad.
The program may also be tailored to students’ individual interests. Since the curriculum allows multiple majors, concentrations and tracks, students may combine such areas as accounting, finance, marketing, management and information systems with international business.
The major mission is to graduate students who possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to live and work in the highly competitive global economy. The major will serve students with a range of career objectives:
- Those who seek leadership positions in international corporations
- Those interested in consulting in the area of international business or management consulting more generally
- Those interested in leveraging their “entrepreneurial mindset,” whether in a corporate setting, a family business or at an early stage.
- Those interested in balancing a more technical academic and business backgrounds with greater depth in understanding international business and the global economy
Today’s graduates are increasingly becoming involved with the foreign aspects of business as U.S. firms surf international channels. By focusing on international business, you could become knowledgeable as well as cultured. Our program leads to innovative careers such as:
- Case Manager
- Foreign Affairs Analyst
- Foreign Services Officer
- Human Resources Representative
- Immigration Specialist
- Litigation Assistant
Faculty with Real-World Experience
Our faculty participate in the bi-annual study abroad program, and many faculty members have participated in teacher exchanges or other individualized programs.