To be considered for admission, students must have:
- an undergraduate degree in history or allied field
- completed 15 credit hours of upper-division coursework
- earned a grade point average of no less than 3.0 (B)
- completed a course on historical methodology (SU’s HIST 330) – this may be taken upon admission to the graduate program
Fall Admission: April 15
Spring Admission: October 15
Admission to the program requires applicants to complete an Application for Graduate Admission at Salisbury University – visit the Graduate Studies Office for details – and the following program-specific requirements:
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose (500 to 1,000 words, 1-2 pages, double-spaced, 12 pt. font, name on each page) that describes why you intend to undertake graduate study in history at Salisbury University. Include how the study will advance your career goals.
- A scholarly paper writing sample.
- The GRE General Test (Institutional Code: 5403) is optional.