Post-Master Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Leadership
The certificate of advanced study in educational leadership is a professional degree program designed to prepare educational leaders. The curriculum emphasizes both theory and practice in the preparation of administrators and supervisors.
Program of Study
The certificate of advanced study in educational leadership requires 30 hours past the master’s degree, by Maryland regulation. Courses in the program include:
- EDLD 510 Educational Leadership and Technology
- EDLD 512 Educational Research and Educational Leadership
- EDLD 514 Aligning Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
- EDLD 516 P-12 School Administration
- EDLD 517 Supervision to Improve Instruction
- EDLD 550 Leadership and Change
- EDLD 552 Diversity and Group Dynamics in Educational Leadership
- EDLD 555 Public School Fiscal and Human Resource Management
- EDUC 619 The Law and Public Education
- EDLD 656 Educational Leadership Internship/Issues Analysis
Prior to enrolling in EDLD 656 Educational Leadership Internship/Issues Analysis, each candidate must complete all prerequisite courses with an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better and successfully earn a passing grade on each of the four questions on the Comprehensive Qualifying Exam.
Admission requires an application for graduate admission, the application fee, official transcript showing undergraduate degree completion and official transcript showing a master’s degree in education or related field of study. The following additional documents and requirements are needed, and applicants will be guided by SU’s online application to supply them:
- Three letters of recommendation from qualified individuals who support the candidate’s ability for graduate study in educational administration and supervision.
- Employer’s letter providing evidence of at least two years (18 months) of satisfactory teaching performance.
- Undergraduate and graduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
- A program of study completed with a program advisor