University Town Halls
To increase communication and encourage sharing ideas and general information, President Charles Wight is holding periodic Town Halls with the University's various shared governance groups. Although, each Town Hall is hosted in conjunction with a specific governance group, the entire campus and greater Salisbury communities are invited to attend. Other SU Town Halls may be held throughout the year, as well.
Upcoming Town Halls
- Faculty and Staff: Tuesday, May 11, 3:30 p.m.
- Students & Families: Tuesday, May 18, 5 p.m.
Please check back for a link to view each event.
Previous Town Halls
- July Town Hall: SU President Charles Wight joined the Staff Senate to host a virtual University Town Hall. The Senate was represented by Chair Tabitha Pilchard and Second Chair Vanessa Collins. The trio discussed topics of interest to the campus and answered questions submitted in advance by staff, faculty and others. View on YouTube.
- June Town Hall: SU President Charles Wight hosted a virtual Town Hall on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. He was joined by Joan Williams, associate vice president of diversity and inclusion and chief diversity officer, to discuss current events nationally. He also was joined by Dr. Dane Foust, vice president of student affairs; and Victoria Lentz, director of student health services, to discuss plans to return to campus in fall. Topics covered included instruction, housing, budget planning and the overall well-being of faculty, staff and students. View on YouTube.
- April Town Hall: SU President Charles Wight joined representatives of Faculty Senate to host a University Town Hall on April 7, 2020. View on YouTube.
- January Town Hall: SU President Charles Wight and University administrators joined the Student Government Association to host the University Town Hall on January 28, 2020. Check out the Flickr Gallery.