University Town Halls
To increase communication and encourage sharing ideas and general information, President Charles Wight is holding quarterly Town Halls with the University’s various shared governance groups. Although, each Town Hall is hosted in conjunction with a specific governance group, the entire campus and greater Salisbury communities are invited to attend. Other SU Town Halls may be held throughout the year, as well.
Upcoming Town Hall
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- President Charles Wight will join representatives of the Staff Senate to discuss University topics, and respond to a variety of questions from staff, faculty, students and other SU constituents.
- Submit questions to StayInformed@salisbury.edu by noon Monday, July 27, 2020.
- Please check back and refresh your browser at the start time to view.
Previous Town Halls
- June Town Hall: SU President Charles Wight hosted a virtual Town Hall on Tuesday, June 2, 2020. He was joined by Joan Williams, associate vice president of diversity and inclusion and chief diversity officer, to discuss current events nationally. He also was joined by Dr. Dane Foust, vice president of student affairs; and Victoria Lentz, director of student health services, to discuss plans to return to campus in fall. Topics covered included instruction, housing, budget planning and the overall well-being of faculty, staff and students. View on YouTube.
- April Town Hall: SU President Charles Wight joined representatives of Faculty Senate to host a University Town Hall on April 7, 2020. View on YouTube.
- January Town Hall: SU President Charles Wight and University administrators joined the Student Government Association to host the University Town Hall on January 28, 2020. Check out the Flickr Gallery.