The Faculty Senate is the recognized voice of the faculty at Salisbury University, representing faculty through the process of shared governance. The Senate seeks ways to improve communication and collaborative decision making between all levels of the University. In addition, the Senate acts as an advisory and consultative body to the President on all matters that may affect the attainment of the University's educational objectives and goals.
- Senate meetings are open and generally held Tuesday afternoons from 3:30 - 5:00 pm.
- Faculty Senate Meeting Schedule 2022-2023
- During the Fall 2022 Semester, Faculty Senate meetings will occur in Zoom with a unique link for each meeting.
- Before each meeting, the Zoom link will be emailed to all full-time Faculty, to the Chair or President of each of the campus governance bodies (Adjunct Faculty Caucus, Staff Senate, Student Government Association, and Graduate Student Council) and to the four Vice Presidents of the SU Administration (Academic Affairs; Student Affairs & Enrollment Management; Administration & Finance; and Advancement, External Affairs). These chairs, presidents, and vice presidents may distribute the link to their constituents. Please contact the chair, president, or vice president of your governing body or unit to request the Zoom link.
- In addition, anyone wishing to attend a Faculty Senate meeting may email the Faculty Senate President or Vice President to obtain the Zoom link.
- Minutes and Agendas
- Faculty Fridays are held from 4:00 - 6:00 pm in the Faculty Lounge (AC 230):
- Fall Semester 2022 :
- September 9
- November 11
- Spring Semester 2023:
- February 3
- April 7
- Fall Semester 2022 :
Do you have an issue or concern you would like the Senate (or a Senate Committee) to consider? Please send your comments to the Senate President, Jennifer Martin
Faculty Senate Officers 2022-2023
- President: Jennifer Martin
- Vice President: Deneen Long-White
- Secretary: Ellen Schaefer-Salins
- Webmaster: Jeffrey Emmert
List of Faculty
This list includes all faculty who meet the definition of Faculty defined in the Bylaws of the Salisbury University Faculty Senate, Article I, Section 3.
At the end of Spring 2021, the Faculty approved a new model for general education:
Since then the Faculty Senate has been working to foster the transition to the new general education program. Information related to these changes is included below.
Other Important Links
Please contact the Senate Webmaster, Jeffrey Emmert, with any questions, additions, or corrections.