Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Salisbury University has a strong commitment to animal care and treatment. Quality animal care is critical to quality research outcomes and mandated by Federal animal welfare regulations. Administered through the Office of Graduate Studies and Research, the Animal Care Program is governed by SU’s Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). The IACUC is responsible for interpreting the various animal welfare and humane use regulations and policies, and for establishing a set of guidelines governing the use of animals on campus. Thus, no animals may be used on the Salisbury University campus for research, teaching, or other purposes without prior approval of the IACUC. The Committee approval is based on the IACUC review of the investigator’s submitted animal use protocol.
In addition, the IACUC performs the following broad services and functions:
- Assurance of animal care appropriate to the facility, personnel, ongoing research and teaching and to the requirements of the NIH Guide.
- Procurement and utilization of animals, animal care supplies and equipment in an efficient and effective manner
- Precise and complete documentation of animal use on campus and proper identification of all animals.
- Education and training of faculty, staff and students on animal research, animal use procedures and animal welfare issues.
- The Office of Graduate Studies and Research will be the first point of contact providing technical assistance and administrative staff to the Committee. It will house all documents and monitor federal compliance. Submit your IACUC application to Donna Knopf, Graduate Studies and Research, HH-262 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: some PDF files may not render correctly or render at all in your browser. If you are having problems viewing PDF files, please follow these steps to download the file to your computer and open with Adobe’s Acrobat Reader:
- Right-click (or Option + Click for Macs) the link to the PDF file.
- Choose "Save link as...", or "Save target as..."
- In the window that appears, choose a location to save the file and click OK.
- Allow the file to download.
- Locate the file and double-click to open in Adobe's Acrobat Reader
Fall Semester Meeting Dates
Applications & Documents
- Animal Use Protocol Form (Word)
- Specimen/Tissue Form (Word)
- Display Protocol (PDF)
- Personnel Qualifications Form (Part G) (Word)
- Field Capture/Field Studies (Part N) (Word)
- Personnel Change for Approved Protocol (PDF)
- Procedure Change for Approved Protocol (PDF)
- IACUC Renewal Form (Word)