SUCIE International Programs Grants
SUCIE International Programs Grant (Up to $2000) – Open to faculty or staff members who are seeking to create or expand an international initiative at Salisbury University that directly involves students.
In the past, the grants have been used to support the exploration of establishing new study abroad programs at Salisbury University including:
- The 2005 Children’s Literature Summer Seminar in Iceland, France and England;
- The Summer Institute in London for 2006
- The Communication, Culture & Expression in Scotland program for 2008
- The China Economic Development and the Environment program for 2009
Your proposal should include:
- A summary (no more than three pages) of the program/project/idea;
- A tentative budget for the grant activity;
- Evidence of support from department chair and/or academic dean;
- Evidence of support from abroad (if applicable);
- Disclosure of previous grants received from the Office of International Education at Salisbury University.
Each faculty/staff member may only submit one application per award cycle. Recipients of an International Programs Grant must wait out one award cycle before applying for another International Programs Grant. Preference for International Program Grants will be given to those who have not received one previously, although previous awardees are eligible and encouraged to apply. Preference for International Program Grants will be given to proposals that seek to address the International Education Strategic Plan 2009-14. It is anticipated that a total of two-four grants will be awarded.
The deadline for proposals is 5p.m. November 6, 2013.
Please submit applications and address any questions to:
Brian Stiegler, Director
SU Center for International Education
ph (410) 677-5027
fax (410) 677-6563