Salisbury University students on campus

Additional Information

Passport Validity

For a list of countries with agreements with the United States to extend passport validity for an additional six months, please visit the following website:

Click here to find out countries that extend passport validity.

Options after Graduation or Completion of OPT

Students who have maintained F-1 student status and completed their program (either course of study or OPT) have the following options:

  • Depart the U.S. within 60 days of completing the course of study or OPT.
  • Continue in F-1 status by pursuing further F-1 studies either at the same institution or another school.
  • Apply for standard post-completion optional practical training no later than 60 days after completing the course of study.
  • Apply to change status to another nonimmigrant classification no later than 60 days after completing the course of study.

- Top -

Lost I-94

Replacement of a lost or stolen Form I-94 falls under the responsibility of Department of Homeland Security (DHS). To file for a replacement I-94, see Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Website and see Arrival-Departure Record at the DHS, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Website. Please keep in mind that as of May 1, 2013 U.S. Customs and Border Protection will begin a new system for issuing I-94. Please see the following link for additional information: Arrival/Departure Record Process Changes for Foreign Visitors Arriving via Air or Sea

- Top -

Special Registration (NSEERS)

Those visitors who fall under the nonimmigrant category must adhere to the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System (NSEERS) also known as Special Registration, put in place after September 11, 2002, to keep track of those entering and leaving our country in order to safeguard U.S. citizens and America's borders. NSEERS was the first step taken by the Department of Justice and then by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in order to comply with the development of the Congressionally- mandated requirement for a comprehensive entry-exit program

Through the Special Registration system, the U.S. government can keep track of the more than 35 million nonimmigrant visitors who enter the United States as well as some nonimmigrant visitors already in the United States. These individuals are required to register with immigration authorities either at a port of entry or a designated ICE office in accordance with the special registration procedures.

Nonimmigrant alien visitors subject to NSEERS registration at the Port of Entry:

  • Certain citizens or nationals of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, and Syria, as designated by the DHA Secretary in the Federal Reister.

  • Nonimmigrants who have been designated by the State Department.

  • Any other nonimmigrant, male or female regardless of nationality, identified by immigration officers at airports, seaports and land ports of entry in accordance with 8 CFR 264.1(f)(2).

For more information, please view: