Internships for Credit
Internships are a great way to gain practical experience in any field you wish to pursue. Internships are not required for students in the Communication Department, but students in all tracks can apply to earn credit for an internship, if eligibility requirements are met before applying. Internships can be with local, regional, national or international organizations.
Student Testimonials: The Benefits of an Internship
For more information on how to find, apply, and register for a credit-earning Communication internship, review the following two video presentations and read the information available in the links that follow. To avoid technical problems, view the videos using either Safari or Firefox browsers.
The Communication Department considers virtual/remote internship applications on a case-by-case basis and applies these Guidelines for Virtual/Remote Internships (PDF) .
- Leads List for Delmarva Internships (Interest Tabs at bottom of Excel Spreadsheet)
- Leads List for Internships outside of the Salisbury Area (PDF)
- New, Untested Internships: All tracks; All Geographical Areas (PDF)
- Online Faculty Recommendation Form (Requires SU Login)
Deadline for Submission of Application Materials:
- For Fall 2021 internship applications accepted throughout the summer until Friday, 20 August 2021 at 4:00pm.
- For Winter 2022 internships – Wednesday, 1 December 2021, 4:00pm
- Spring 2022 Internships–
- Preferred Submission deadline: Wednesday, 1 December 2021, 4:00pm
- Late submission deadline: Friday, 14 January 2022, 4:00pm
- For Summer 2022 Internships- Submission deadline: Wednesday, 27 April 2022, 4:00pm.
- For Fall 2022 Internships–
- Preferred submission deadline: Wednesday, 27 April 2022, 4:00pm.
- Fall 2022 internship application submission will re-open Monday, 15 August until Friday, 19 August 2022 at 4:00pm.
- For Winter 2023 internships – Wednesday, 30 November 2022, 4:00pm
- Spring 2023 Internships–
- Preferred Submission deadline: Wednesday, 30 November 2022, 4:00pm
- Late Submission deadline: Friday, 13 January 2023, 4:00pm
- For Summer 2023 Internships- Submission deadline: Wednesday, 26 April 2023, 4:00pm.
- For Fall 2023 Internships–
- Preferred submission deadline: Wednesday, 26 April 2023, 4:00pm.
- Fall 2023 internship application submission will re-open Monday, 14 August until Friday, 18 August 2023 at 4:00pm.
- For Winter 2024 internships – Wednesday, 29 November 2023, 4:00pm
Communication Internship Interest Meeting:
Each semester, interns representing the Communication Department share their successes and challenges of their internships. This is a great opportunity for you to learn from other students. The Internship Director also discusses the internship process and answers your questions. Here are the dates for these upcoming informational ZOOM meetings:
- Fall Semester
Wednesday, 27 October 2021
5:00 - 6:30pm
- Spring Semester
Wednesday, 30 March 2022
5:00 - 6:30pm
For more information or answers to questions, please contact: