Perdue Museum Resources
Want to know more about Perdue? Come by the museum and archives! If you are not in the local area, how can you learn more?
- A Solid Foundation... The Life & Times of Arthur W. Perdueby Frank Gordy.
- Frank Perdue: Fifty Years of Building on a Solid Foundation by Mitzi Perdue.
- Frank Perdue: Seeing Beyond the Horizon, (video); Hosted by Sam Pardue
- Delmarva's Chicken Industry: 75 Years of Progress by William H. Williams
Facts of Interest
- Poultry farming is the raising of domesticated birds such as chickens or turkeys for the purpose of farming meat or eggs for food.
- The Delmarva region produces 3,417,000,000 pounds of poultry each year.
- Perdue is the first company to successfully "brand" chicken.
- Perdue has been family-owned and operated since the founding in 1920.