Daily Crime and Incident Log
The Salisbury University Police Department maintains a daily log of crimes reported, with only a few exceptions. This log contains the incident classification, case number, date, time, general location, and, if known, disposition of the crime. Entries are made and updated within two business days of the report. To help enable timely warnings and inclusion of incidents on the log, it is strongly encouraged to report all crimes directly to SUPD.
According to Federal Law, an institution may temporarily withhold any of the required fields of entry, i.e., the incident classification, case number, date, time, location, and/or disposition if any of the following conditions apply:
- The disclosure is prohibited by law.
- If disclosure would jeopardize the confidentially of the victim.
- If disclosure would jeopardize an ongoing criminal investigation and/or the safety of an individual.
- If the disclosure would cause a suspect to flee or evade detection.
- If disclosure would result in the destruction of evidence.
When the investigation concludes these exceptions no longer apply, the daily log will be updated with the required fields.
|Case||Date/Time and Location||Date Reported||Incident||Disposition|