- Salisbury University, DNP, Leadership, 2015
- University of Delaware, Other, Health Services Administration (HSA), 2006
- University of Delaware, MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner, 2001
- Salisbury University, BS, Nursing, 1986
Areas of Expertise
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Faculty in higher education providing didactic and experiential teaching for healthcare professions since 2008. A Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) since 2015 and an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) since 2002, with experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), manager, and director in inpatient and outpatient settings as well as an independent-practice owner for 8 years.
Strong background in fundamentals and advanced nursing practice in primary care, acute care, occupational health and safety, and collaborative health care delivery systems. Successful work history due to the application of critical thinking skills, technology skills, and ability to integrate evidence-based practice into clinical and academic settings to teach and mentor future professionals to provide effective healthcare and leadership.