- Salisbury University, DNP, Leadership, 2015
- University of Delaware, Other, Health Services Administration (HSA), 2006
- University of Delaware, MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner, 2001
- Salisbury University, BS, Nursing, 1986
Areas of Expertise
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Faculty in higher education, since 2008, teaching both didactic and experiential courses for health care professions. A Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) since 2015 and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) since 2002. Experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), manager, and director in several inpatient and outpatient settings. Independent-practice owner and FNP for 8 years.
Strong background in fundamentals of nursing in primary care, acute care, occupational health and safety, and collaborative health care delivery systems. Successful work history due to critical thinking skills, technology skills, and ability to integrate evidence-based practice into clinical and academic settings to teach and mentor future professionals for effective healthcare delivery and leadership.