Biology - Minor
You could read a textbook about plant and animal discoveries, but why not make discoveries of your own? In the biology minor at Salisbury University, you’ll have many opportunities to expand in your field and gain practical knowledge to boost your career options.
Why Choose Biology at SU?
The minor in biology consists of a minimum of 19 credit hours. Required courses include BIOL 210 Biology: Concepts and Methods, and two of the following:
- BIOL 211 Microbiology
- BIOL 212 Introduction to Plant Biology
- BIOL 213 Zoology
The seven hours of additional requirements need to be above the 100 level with at least three hours at the 300/400 level. Approved courses include all biology courses at or above the 200 level, except:
- BIOL 205 Fundamentals of Human Anatomy and Physiology
- BIOL 214 Medical Physiology
- BIOL 217 Nutrition
- BIOL 219 Biology of Human Aging
- BIOL 220 Humans and the Environment/Honors
- BIOL 416 Research in Biology
- BIOL 419 Biology Seminar
- BIOL 450 Internship in Biology
Approved courses may also include:
- ENVH 210 Introduction to Environmental Health Science
- ENVH 301 Principles of Epidemiology
- ENVH 302 Food Aspects of Environmental Health Science
Students must earn minimum grades of C in all courses they use for the minor. SU requires at least 15 hours of the work applied toward the minor must consist of courses that are not used to satisfy General Education requirements, and at least nine of these hours must be credits earned at SU.
For a more in-depth experience, SU also offers a biology major. Biology majors are ineligible to earn a biology minor.