Salisbury University students on campus

How Do I Apply for Financial Aid?

SU Award Notification Guides

Check out SU's Undergraduate and Graduate Notification Guides for more information on financial aid at SU:

Who's My Parent When I Fill Out My FAFSA?

Dependent students are required to report parent information on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). If you’re not sure whether you are a dependent student, go to Student Aid Website

For reporting purposes, “parent” means your legal (biological or adoptive) parent or stepparent, or a person that the state has determined to be your legal parent.   Use this guide to figure out which parent’s information to include (depending on your family situation). 

The following people are not your parents unless they have legally adopted you:

  • Widowed Stepparent
  • Grandparents
  • Foster Parents
  • Legal Guardians
  • Older Brothers or Sisters
  • Aunts or Uncles

FAFSA Tips & Common Mistakes to Avoid

The best way to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is early, online, and without any mistakes (download and print our checklist of what you'll need to have on hand in order to file your FAFSA). If you aren't yet ready to file a FAFSA, the Department of Education's FAFSA4caster tool can help you estimate your eligibility for federal student aid by providing some basic information. Check these helpful tips and tricks!

I Filled Out The FAFSA, What Happens Next?

After the FAFSA: What Happens Next video placeholder

Important Dates!

What Does SU's Financial Aid Timeline Look Like?