Youth Innovation Academy is a youth initiative tailored to middle-schoolers to enhance their competence and confidence in innovation and leadership. In a collaborative, supportive and creative environment, participants entering sixth, seventh and eighth grade explore science, technology, environment, civic engagement, communication, and arts. We invite participants to uncover their potential, prepare for higher education and discover unexplored career paths. Sign up for our email newsletters to keep up-to-date for next year.
Summer 2019 Program Schedule
Girls Innovation Academy
- Section One: June 17-21 and June 24-28
- Section Two: July 29 –August 2 and August 5-9
Boys Innovation Academy
- Section One: July 8 – 12
Girls and Boys Innovation Academy
- Section One: July 15-19
The Youth Innovation Academy @ SU is a day program meeting from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. To help with working parents’ schedule, we provide optional early drop-off beginning at 7:30 a.m. and late pick-up until 5:30 p.m.
- Increase interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM)
- Encourage students to embrace their leadership
- Enhance technology and communication skills
- Build new relationships and self-confidence
- The summer program is held at Salisbury University, an award-winning “green” campus.
- There are four unique sections during the summer. Two are designed for girls, one for boys, and one for girls and boys together.
- All sections focus on leadership, communication, technology, and innovation.
- Each week, the group travels to off-campus sites to learn about technology in action – including high-tech businesses.
- Academy Instructors come
from a diverse background including SU faculty and community leaders.
A typical summer Academy day consists of several modules:
- Strategic leadership training with engaging discussion
- Hands-on innovation studies
- Lunch in the Commons
- Interactive targeted campus tour
- Computer lab activities
Plus off-campus field trips each week.
The registration fee includes
$450 for the two-week sections all you can eat buffet lunch in the campus dining room, materials and transportation to off-campus site visits.
$225 for the one-week sections