2025 Middle States Self-Study
March 28, 2023 - MSCHE Self-Study Site Visit and Open Campus Meeting
- With Dr. Sean McKitrick, MSCHE Vice President, Institutional Field Relations
- March 28, 2023 at 2:00pm
- Attend in person - Guerrieri Academic Commons - Room 401
- *Please register here if you will need to join virtually.
The University is preparing for our next accreditation cycle with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). Federal law mandates that any institution of higher education receiving federal funding is continuously accredited. As importantly, the deep introspective work that is involved in an institutional self-study and accreditation review ensures that our campus is operating resourcefully, ethically, transparently, and in the best interests of our students.
The accreditation process is based on seven standards and fifteen Requirements of Affiliation. For our self-study, five working groups will examine broad areas of University activities. Four of these areas align with our current strategic plan* and the fifth examines Middle States’ Requirements of Affiliation
- Working Group 1: Academic Success and Student Development
- Working Group 2: Inclusive Excellence, Support & Collaboration
- Working Group 3: Access, Affordability and Academic Excellence
- Working Group 4: Community Engagement
- Working Group 5: Middle States’ Requirements of Affiliation
*Objectives from Goal 5 of SU’s Strategic Plan are crosscutting and will be examined by various Working Groups.