Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Through the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, departments, schools, colleges and University committees work together to facilitate the overall curriculum development process at Salisbury University, which concerns General Education, minors and majors for the University’s academic program.
*In response to continued changes involving COVID-19 and teleworking the UCC asks that you submit all curriculum changes electronically to Jennifer Ellis, Academic Program Specialist, Academic Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2020 Curriculum Deadlines Monday, February 3: SCC and TEC final deadline for submitting approved curriculum to Provost’s Office and Graduate Studies Office. This is an absolute deadline for any Fall 2020 changes to be entered into the registration system for Program Planning. Thursday, February 20: UCC and Graduate Council final deadline for approving curriculum for Fall 2020.
Spring 2021 Curriculum Deadlines Monday, September 7: SCC and TEC final deadline for submitting approved curriculum to Provost’s Office and Graduate Studies Office. This is an absolute deadline for any Spring 2021 changes to be entered into the registration system for Program Planning. Thursday, September 17: UCC and Graduate Council final deadline for approving curriculum for Spring 2021.
Please note - Once curriculum is approved by UCC or Grad Council, the following steps must still be taken:*
- Paperwork is forwarded to the Provost for her signature.
- Paperwork is forwarded to Publications where changes and additions are made to the catalog, checklists, curriculum guides, and the website when appropriate.
- Paperwork is forwarded to the Registrar’s Office where changes and additions are built into GullNet.
*This process takes approximately three - four weeks.
Purpose and Membership of the Committee
According to the committee’s bylaws*, the purposes of the committee is to:
- Make recommendations to and receive suggestions from the Provost and/or the chairs of the several departments for the general coordination and improvement of the University academic program; and
- Approve all additions, deletions and changes in the undergraduate curriculum.
The Committee has Eight Voting Members:
- seven Faculty serving three-year terms, two retiring every two years, three retiring every third year, 5 elected from and by their respective schools/colleges, three elected at-large (excluding librarians)
- one student serving a one-year term selected annually in a manner determined by the Student Government Association
Ex Officio, Non-voting Members include:
- The Provost or designee
- the Registrar or designee
- the Dean of the Library or designee
- Office of Admissions designee
- Catalog Editor
Should an elected faculty member not be the Designated Senator, a non-voting Designated Senator shall also serve on the committee.
The committee shall elect its chairperson annually.
- Check out the list of current members of the UCC
- An overview of current and past curriculum in review is available.
Note: Graduate curriculum is reviewed by the Graduate Curriculum Committee.
* Bylaws were taken from Article VII. Senate's Standing Committee, Section 2. Undergraduate Curriculum Committee.