Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Through the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, departments, schools, colleges and University committees work together to facilitate the overall curriculum development process at Salisbury University, which concerns General Education, minors and majors for the University’s academic program.
Online Curriculum Management System
Access the online curriculum management system (Curriculog) to submit new and updated curriculum. Separate Approval Processes are available to facilitate the following curriculum management:
- New Course
- New Major, Program or Track
- New Minor
- New Curriculum Guide
- Change to Course
- Change to Major, Program or Track
- Change to Minor
- Change to Curriculum Guide
- Drop Course
- Drop Major, Plan or Track
- Drop Minor
- Suspend Program
Use your SU username and password to sign in.
If you are having issues logging in, please contact Jennifer Ellis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum Approval Timeline
Updated Curriculum Proposal Forms Available in Curriculog on June 1
Fall 2021 Curriculum Deadlines
- October 1 - Suggested Deadline for Initiating Next Fall’s Proposals (Courses and/or Programs)
- December 9 – Next Fall’s Proposals Must Be Approved by UCC
Spring 2022 Curriculum Deadlines
- March 1 - Suggested Deadline for Initiating Next Spring’s Proposals (Courses Only)
- May 12 - Spring Proposals Must Be Approved by UCC
- April & May – Curriculum Proposals Cannot Be Initiated/Submitted
Although new proposals cannot be launched in April or May, faculty may work to gather all materials needed for proposal submission. In addition, proposals that have already been launched will continue to work their way through the approval process during these months.
- Originator Launches Proposal in Curriculog
- Department Curriculum Committee, if applicable (1-2 weeks)
- Academic Chair (1 week)
- School College Committee (1-4 weeks)
- Dean (1 week)
- SCED/P12 and/or TEC, if applicable (1-4 weeks for each)
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (1-4 weeks)
- Provost Office (1-2 weeks)
- External Review Necessary for New Programs and Substantive Changes (4-13 weeks)
- Provost (1-2 weeks)
- University Editor (1 week)
- Registrar’s Office (2 weeks-2 months*)
- Appears in Catalog (September 15 for spring changes; February 15 for fall changes)
* Time varies depending on date of offerings and complexity of change.
Purpose and Membership of the Committee
According to the committee’s bylaws*, the purposes of the committee is to:
- Make recommendations to and receive suggestions from the Provost and/or the chairs of the several departments for the general coordination and improvement of the University academic program; and
- Approve all additions, deletions and changes in the undergraduate curriculum.
The Committee Has Eight Voting Members:
- Seven faculty serving three-year terms: two retiring every two years, three retiring every third year, five elected from and by their respective schools/colleges, three elected at-large (excluding librarians)
- One student serving a one-year term selected annually in a manner determined by the Student Government Association
Ex Officio, Non-voting Members Include:
- The Provost or designee
- the Registrar or designee
- the Dean of the Library or designee
- Office of Admissions designee
- Catalog Editor
Should an elected faculty member not be the Designated Senator, a non-voting Designated Senator shall also serve on the committee.
The committee shall elect its chairperson annually.
- Check out the list of current members of the UCC
- An overview of current and past curriculum in review is available.
Note: Graduate curriculum is reviewed by the Graduate Curriculum Committee.
* Bylaws were taken from Article VII. Senate's Standing Committee, Section 2. Undergraduate Curriculum Committee.