Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
Through the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, departments, schools, colleges and University committees work together to facilitate the overall curriculum development process at Salisbury University, which concerns General Education, minors and majors for the University’s academic program.
New Online Curriculum Management System
Access the new online curriculum management system
(The last day to submit paper forms is January 25, 2021.)
Please use the following to log in:
Username: (Your SU email address)
Please change your password immediately by going to: My Settings > Click on Your Name > Click Change Password
If you are having issues logging in, please contact Jennifer Ellis: email@example.com
Curriculum Approval Timeline
Fall 2021 Curriculum Deadlines
Monday, February 1: SCC and TEC final deadline for submitting approved curriculum to Provost’s Office and Graduate Studies Office.
Thursday, February 18: UCC and Graduate Council final deadline for approving curriculum for fall 2021.
These are the absolute deadlines for any fall 2021 changes to be entered into the registration system for Program Planning.
Please note - Once curriculum is approved by UCC or Grad Council, the following steps must still be taken:*
- Paperwork is forwarded to the Provost for her signature.
- Paperwork is forwarded to Publications where changes and additions are made to the online catalog, and the checklists and curriculum guides it generates, where appropriate.
- Paperwork is forwarded to the Registrar’s Office where changes and additions are built into GullNet.
*This process takes approximately three - four weeks.
Past Curriculum Deadlines
- Monday, September 7: SCC and TEC final deadline for submitting approved curriculum to Provost’s Office and Graduate Studies Office.
- Thursday, September 17: UCC and Graduate Council final deadline for approving curriculum for Spring 2021.
- Monday, February 3: SCC and TEC final deadline for submitting approved curriculum to Provost’s Office and Graduate Studies Office.
- Thursday, February 20: UCC and Graduate Council final deadline for approving curriculum for Fall 2020.
Purpose and Membership of the Committee
According to the committee’s bylaws*, the purposes of the committee is to:
- Make recommendations to and receive suggestions from the Provost and/or the chairs of the several departments for the general coordination and improvement of the University academic program; and
- Approve all additions, deletions and changes in the undergraduate curriculum.
The Committee Has Eight Voting Members:
- Seven faculty serving three-year terms: two retiring every two years, three retiring every third year, five elected from and by their respective schools/colleges, three elected at-large (excluding librarians)
- One student serving a one-year term selected annually in a manner determined by the Student Government Association
Ex Officio, Non-voting Members Include:
- The Provost or designee
- the Registrar or designee
- the Dean of the Library or designee
- Office of Admissions designee
- Catalog Editor
Should an elected faculty member not be the Designated Senator, a non-voting Designated Senator shall also serve on the committee.
The committee shall elect its chairperson annually.
- Check out the list of current members of the UCC
- An overview of current and past curriculum in review is available.
Note: Graduate curriculum is reviewed by the Graduate Curriculum Committee.
* Bylaws were taken from Article VII. Senate's Standing Committee, Section 2. Undergraduate Curriculum Committee.