Salisbury University's Student Wellness Program
- Now: Mon Jul 06 15:42:43 EDT 2015
- Today: $today
- Jul 6, 2015 3:42:43 PM
- 7-06-2015 03:42 PM
- July 6, 2015 3:42:43 PM EDT
Life is a Journey, not a destination.
Salisbury University's Wellness Program is a principle leadership organization for advancing the health and wellness of college students and campus communities through the active involvement of our student's. Its mission is to help students live healthy balanced lifestyles that incorporate the positive attitudes and productive behaviors related to our 8 dimensions of wellness.
- Occupational - Achieving a healthy balance between class work, work and leisure time, addressing workplace and classroom stress's, and building strong relationships with coworkers and classmates.
- Emotional - Developing self-awareness, managing stress in healthy ways, care for emotional crisis, relaxation.
- Physical - Engaging in healthy activities, and taking care of one's body, nutrition, fitness and medical self-care.
- Social/Interpersonal - Healthy relationships with family, friends and others, a sense of belonging, and contributing to a community.
- Intellectual - Education, thinking about things in new ways, mental stimulation, career development.
- Spiritual - Participation in a faith community, connection to something greater than one's self, love, hope, peace, a sense of purpose.
- Financial- Achieving a balance between having a healthy state of wellbeing today, while preparing financially for tomorrow, where one feels that they have control over their current finances and their financial future.
- Environmental- Trying to live in harmony with the earth by understanding the impact of your interaction with nature and your personal environment, and taking action to protect the world around you.
- Increase awareness of factors and resources contributing to well-being while encouraging habits of wellness.
- Contribute to positive well-being and provide information, activities, and services designed to support healthy lifestyle choices.
- Inspire and empower students to take responsibility for their own health.
- Empower students to adopt positive attitudes and behaviors through a lifelong commitment to wellness.
* * *
Student Wellness Logo Winner!!
In the 2014 fall semester, the Student Activities office hosted a logo contest to create the logo for our Student Wellness program. The Student Wellness Program would like to congratulate Karen Cindea on winning the Student Wellness Logo Contest and an iPad Mini!
Her design represented the Student Wellness Program perfectly, so thank you, Karen, for all of your hard work! A special thank you to all of those that participated in our contest, we had many wonderful submissions and we appreciate all of the time and effort you put into our contest.
Wellness can be thought of as the quality or state of being in good health.
Wellness can be further defined as a dynamic process involving several dimensions of well-being.
* * *