SU Celebrates Family Weekend Sept. 24-26
SALISBURY, MD---From the athletic fields to the stage, students share their talents with parents, siblings and other relatives during Salisbury University’s 2010 Family Weekend, Friday-Sunday, September 24-26.http://salisbury.site-ym.com/events/event_details.asp?id=121363.
Brunch with SU President Janet Dudley-Eshbach and the University’s vice presidents and deans follows from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Bistro of the Commons. Admission is $10, $5 for children 6-12, free for children 5 and under. Students may use their meal plans to attend. Pre-registration is required and may be made at http://salisbury.site-ym.com/events/event_details.asp?id=121345.
SU football takes on Hampden-Sydney College at 1 p.m. at Sea Gull Stadium. Admission is $5, $3 for non-SU students, $2 for children ages 12 and under. SU ID holders receive one ticket free.
SU’s Parent and Family Association hosts a post-game reception at 4 p.m. Saturday on the Devilbiss Mall, priming taste buds for Dining Services’ annual Recipes From Home Dinner 5-7:30 p.m. at the Commons.
During dinner, the SU Department of Theatre and Dance presents a performance of Academy Award nominee Elaine May’s dark comedy Hotline, in which a suicide crisis hotline worker must counsel an overly neurotic woman during his first night on the job. Admission to the dinner, featuring recipes submitted by students’ families, is $10.67, $6.48 for children 6-12, free for children 5 and under.
Saturday events conclude with a demonstration by juggling troupe Team Rootberry at 8 p.m. in Holloway Hall Auditorium
Sunday activities begin with the annual Family Weekend Challenge, a parent-student golf outing 10 a.m. at Nutters Crossing Golf Course. Registration is $80 per two-person team, and pre-registration is required. To register visit
A jazz brunch featuring the band Slim DeNunn and the High Rollers is 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday in the Commons. Admission is $8.56, $4.41 for children 6-12, free for children 5 and under.
Other Family Weekend activities include:
Friday, September 24
• 9 a.m.-2 p.m. – Open classrooms
• 2 p.m. – Family kayak paddle hosted by Adrenaline High, Inc. Cost: $35 per person. Pre-registration required. Call 410-749-2886 or e-mail email@example.com.
Saturday, September 25
• 9 a.m. – Legacy Breakfast Reception (invitation only), Alumni House
• 9 a.m. – Study abroad presentation, Guerrieri University Center, Nanticoke Room
• 9 a.m. – “Money Matters: Financial Literacy During the College Years,” Guerrieri University Center, Pocomoke Room
• 10:15 a.m. – “What Employers Expect From Your Son or Daughter,” Guerrieri University Center, Nanticoke Room
• 10:15 a.m. – SU master plan update, Guerrieri University Center, Center for Student Achievement
• 1 p.m. – Glass blowing demonstrations, Fulton Hall, Glass Studio
Sunday, September 26
• 1 p.m. – Family kayak paddle hosted by Adrenaline High, Inc. Cost: $35 per person. Pre-registration required. Call 410-749-2886 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the Family Weekend Information Center is open 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday at the Information Desk of the Guerrieri University Center. The SU Bookstore is open 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday.
Events are free unless otherwise noted. For more information call 410-543-6080 or visit the Family Weekend Web site at www.salisbury.edu/parents/familyweekend.