Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University
A Maryland University of National Distinction

Campus Housing & Residence Life

Welcome to Campus Housing & Residence Life

Contract Information

scontent: 1 bValue: -1 eValue:1

Room Rates


Helpful Move-in Tips

*What to Bring
*Microfridge/Safe Rentals

New Student Contracts

*Fall 2017 - Housing Preferences are linked directly to the Admissions Acceptance and will be available beginning mid-October. Assignments will be sent mid-July 2017.

*Spring 2018 - Housing Preferences are linked directly to the Admissions Acceptance. Assignments will be sent the 2nd week of January 2018.

Returning Student Contracts

*Fall 2017 - Contracts are now available through February 12, 2017.
  -General Information
  -Apartment/Suite Groups
  -Email to Students 11/30/16
*Spring 2018 - Students currently studying abroad should contact our office for availability.

SU Bridges Program

*Fall 2017 - Housing Preferences are linked directly to the Admissions Acceptance. Assignments will be sent mid-July 2017.
Summer Housing 2017

scontent: 1 bValue: -1 eValue:1

On-campus housing is available for SU students who are taking a class and/or working at Salisbury University during the Summer Term (first come, first served). Please click here for a summer term housing application.


The Office of Housing and Residence Life's mission is to foster an inclusive community which inspires lifelong learning, responsible living and academic success. Through our mission, Housing and Residence Life cultivates an atmosphere which supports: identity development, self-empowerment, intellectual pursuit, celebration of diversity, interpersonal skills and meaningful connections.

Approximately 2300 spaces are provided for undergraduate students. We are unable to accommodate graduate students; however, they should consult the office of graduate studies as well as our Commuter Connections' Web site.

Residency Requirement

Salisbury University has a two-year residency requirement for all freshmen and sophomore students. Freshmen students beginning in the fall semester are required to live on campus for four semesters and students beginning in the spring semester live on campus for three semesters.

First Year Student (Incoming Freshmen):

Students may request an exemption based on the following criteria:

  • Geographic – Students living at home with their parents, legal guardian, or an immediate family member (non-SU student) over the age of 21 in Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset, Dorchester, or Sussex counties
  • Age – Students who, at the time of enrollment, are at least 21 years of age
  • Other – Students who are married or caring for dependent children, or students who have completed military service.

Second Year Student (Rising Sophomore):

At the end of the first year of on-campus residence, students may request an exemption based on the following criteria:

  • achieved a 3.5 cumulative GPA,
  • no negative student conduct history, and
  • completed at least 30 credits of study at SU (does not include transfer credits)

Note: The Office of Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to confirm with other University offices any claim presented as the basis for an exemption. This includes, but is not limited to financial hardship, acquired credit hours, student conduct record, residency, etc. 

Petition for Exemption
The student must submit a written letter of appeal to Mr. Clinton Gilbert, Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life. Appeals may be submitted to: Your appeal will be responded to within ten business days. Students may not appeal an exemption; the communicated decision is final.

Deadline to submit an exemption request for fall 2017:

  • new, incoming freshmen students – June 1, 2017
  • rising sophomores April 15, 2017

Deadline to submit an exemption request for spring 2018:

  • new, incoming freshmen students – October 31, 2017
  • Mid-year exemptions will be not permitted for freshmen or sophomores, as students have committed to a year-long contract.

New students eligible to receive an exemption from the two-year residency requirement that at first choose to live on campus and then petition to remain at home after June 1st (or October 31st for the spring semester) are subject to an $800 breach-of-contract fee, should the exemption be granted.

Accommodations for Students with Disabilities

Requests for housing accommodations should be made directly to Student Disability Support Services. Please click here to view SU's Housing Assistance Animal Policy.


Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000