Our SU Password Reset system works by asking you four password reset questions, one initial question and then three chosen at random from a bank of at least five questions to which you have provided answers. In order to use the SU Password Reset system, you will need to provide your own, personal answers to the password reset questions by completing the Password Registration process. Once set up, you can change the questions and answers at any time to provide even more security for your account.
All faculty, staff, emeriti and current students MUST complete the Initial Password Reset Registration process below for your account(s) in order to have the ability to change your password using the Password Reset system.
Initial Password Reset Registration
- Click Password Registration to register your account with the Password Reset system.
- You will need to know your current SU password in order to complete the Password Registration process.
- You may be prompted for a username and password to connect to the Password Registration website. If prompted, please enter your full SU email address (firstname.lastname@example.org for faculty/staff or email@example.com for students) and password.
- If you are having trouble connecting to the site, please see the Resetting Your Password guide for more detailed instructions.
Once you have completed the setup above, you can use the options below to reset your password or change your password reset answers.
Faculty, Staff, Emeriti and Current Students
Forgotten or Expired Password/Change Your Password
- Click Password Reset to reset your password. You will be presented with a series of challenge questions before being given the option to set a new password.
- Passwords are good for 90 days for faculty, staff and student worker accounts, 180 days for student accounts and can only be changed once every 48 hours.
- If you cannot remember your password reset answers, or if the answers are not working, try changing your password answers below.
Change Your Password Reset Answers
- You can change your answers to your Password Reset questions at any time (with a current SU password) by repeating the Password Registration process. Remember to log in using your full SU email address.
Prospective students, incoming students, transfer students and others who have only a GullNet login and have not yet been upgraded to a full SU account will use the section below for password changes. Once your account is upgraded to a full SU account, you will use the sections above.
Prospective/Incoming SU Students (GullNet Access Only)
If you have not yet received your SU email address, you can still reset your GullNet password. Once you have received your SU email address, use the links above for Faculty, Staff and Current Students.
- Click Forgot My Password to have a new GullNet password emailed to your personal email address on file. The password you receive may contain symbols in addition to letters and numbers.
- GullNet passwords expire after 90 days.
- If you no longer have access to the personal email address you provided on your application, contact the IT Help Desk at 410-677-5454 for assistance.
MyClasses Guest Accounts
If you have a MyClasses account and not a SU email address, you should use the username and password that was sent to you via email. If you no longer have access to this information, contact Instructional Design & Delivery at 410-677-6585 for assistance.
About Salisbury University Passwords
The Department of Information Technology has implemented a "single-password" environment that requires users to only maintain one username and password to access most campus systems. See below for major systems using the single-login.
|Systems Using Single Password|
- How does the Password Reset System work?
- First, you'll register your personal answers to the Password Reset questions under Initial Password Reset Registration. Once you've completed that, you can change your password at any time by answering four security questions chosen at random from the answers you previously provided.
- What do I have to do to use the Password Reset
- In order to use the Password Reset system, you must have an SU account and must register your personal answers to the Password Reset questions under Initial Password Reset Registration. If you are an applicant or have not yet gotten your SU account, you will use the Prospective/Incoming Student link above.
- What should I do if I am getting email that my
password is about to expire?
- You should change your password prior to the password expiring.
- What happens if I don't change my password
before it expires?
- If you have already set up your personal answers to the Password Reset questions, you can use the Password Reset system to set a new password. If you have not already set up your personal answers to the Password Reset questions or can’t remember the answers to your security questions, you will need to contact the IT Help Desk via phone Monday-Friday between 8 am and 7 pm for assistance with changing your password.
- What happens if I don't remember the answers to
the security questions?
- If you have a working and active password, you can change your answers to the Password Reset questions at any time. If your password has expired, you will need to contact the IT Help Desk for assistance.
- I'm getting an Access Denied error when trying
to change my password. What does that mean?
- This could mean you have either recently changed your password, you haven't set up your personal answers to the Password Reset questions, you are using the wrong username, or you have tried the wrong username too many times and have locked yourself out of the Password Reset system. Call the IT Help Desk at 410-677-5454 for assistance.
- I have had my SU password for years and have
previously changed my password. Do I need to register with
this new Password Reset system?
- Yes. The questions in the new system are completely different from the previous password system and are not pre-populated. You must provide your own personal answers to the Password Reset questions.
- How can I tell if I've previously registered?
- If you have not previously registered for the Password Reset system, when you log onto a campus computer, the Password Registration screen will appear. This will happen each time until you complete the Password Registration. Also, you will receive an Access Denied error when trying to use the Password Reset system to change your password.
- What if I am traveling abroad or otherwise out of the
country and need password assistance?
- If it is possible for you to call the Help Desk between the hours of 8AM and 7PM EST Monday through Friday, we ask that you use that option first. However, if you are unable to call the Help Desk, we may be able to set up assistance through Skype.
- This service is only for students who are out of the country. For students within the United States, please call the IT Help Desk at 410-677-5454 for assistance.
If you still have questions or are still experiencing problems with your username/password, please visit the IT Help Desk in TETC Room 113 or call 410-677-5454.
You may also wish to try our Resetting Your Password guide for help with using the Password Reset site.