Night Child Care Worker
EMPLOYER: BOARD OF CHILD CARE
POSITION: Night Child Care Worker | POSITION RESPONSIBLE: Cottage Supervisor
CATEGORY OF EMPLOYMENT: Hourly / Non-Exempt
- To obtain all pertinent information regarding the assigned unit residents and unit evening program schedule from the day Child Care Worker(s) at the start of each working day.
- To dispense prescribed and over-the-counter medications according to the Board of Child Care’s Policies and Procedures.
- To immediately alert the Campus Supervisor of any immediate need for additional unit staff supervision and/or concern/problem on the Unit.
- To complete a bed check of each resident every 15 minutes and document outcome in the Unit Log Book.
- To provide direct supervision to the residents in order to effectively complete the morning schedule.
- To appropriately use the Board of Child Care’s approved Behavior Management and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Techniques.
- To provide transportation for residents as requested.
- To complete daily Unit maintenance and safety inspections, identify and report needed repairs to the Maintenance Director.
- To complete household chores and laundry for the Unit as requested.
- To complete written Unit activity documentation in the Unit Log Book prior to the end of each work day.
- To complete call in procedure three times per night in keeping with agency policy.
- Perform other duties, as requested, to achieve agency goals.
- Maintenance of an unrestricted Maryland Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- Transportation of children.
- Application of first aid and CPR.
- Physical intervention and/or restraints with male and female residents ages 10-19 years.
- On-site evening and weekend hours.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- Able to engage youth in a positive and therapeutic manner.
- Able to provide positive role modeling to youth through attitude, behavior, language and dress in keeping with agency standards.
- Able to work cooperatively with supervisor and within an interdisciplinary setting.
- AA Degree in Human Services related field or 60 college credits
- Certification in Basic First Aid and CPR – required (may be attained during probationary period)
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for positions in Southern MD, please email your resume to email@example.com | To apply for positions in Baltimore, MD, Colesville, MD, or Hagerstown, MD, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org | To apply for positions in Denton, MD, please email your resume to email@example.com | To apply for positions in Martinsburg, WV, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org