Management / Sales Intern at Sherwin Williams
Date inactive: 12/31/2012
Title: Description: This PAID internship offers hands-on experience in a wholesale/retail work environment and can lead to career opportunities in management and/or professional outside sales upon graduation. You will have the opportunity to learn basic store operations, gain management skills, and develop sales techniques and customer service skills, as well as increase knowledge in a variety of key business topics such as profit & loss, inventory control, and human resources. Interns will also be exposed to S-W professionals in a variety of functional areas. You'll gain insight on a career in outside sales by traveling with a Sales Representative and spending structured time with your District Management team. A final project allows you to utilize and apply the curriculum learned in school to a real-world business issue.
To join our Intern Program, you must have demonstrated leadership ability, as well as work experience in customer service and/or sales. Bilingual candidates welcome.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four year college or university
- Must be of Junior or Senior status
- Must submit to a background screening which may include driving, credit and criminal history
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
- Must be willing to work all scheduled hours (30-40 hours weekly) which may include evenings and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Employee is required to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Employee will spend approximately 40% of the day sitting, 20% standing, 20% walking, and 20% stooping, climbing and kneeling.
- Employee is required to tint paint, therefore, must have good color perception.
- Employee must be able to drive a car or van.
Contact: Rachael Conn. Status: Part-time.
Job Locations: over, Delaware; New Castle, Delaware; Newark, Delaware; Salisbury, Maryland; Wilmington, Delaware
Job Function: Business Development, Customer Service, Entrepreneur, Interior Design, Management, Marketing, Sales
Compensation Type: Paid. Application Method: Offline - via URL (http://www.sherwin.com/mtp)