Intern - Tax Services
Date inactive: 12/30/2012
Description: At WTAS, our employees are given the opportunity to work on complex projects with marquee clients and the ability to advance professionally in a workplace setting that both cultivates and rewards the enhancement of technical knowledge and skills. We foster an environment based on learning and allow our employees to grow through hands on work experience, participation in training programs, and strong mentoring relationships. If you want to be a part of a growing and exciting organization, consider your opportunities with WTAS. Interns serve as members of client service teams. Interns are staffed on engagements similar to an Associate and receive formal and on-the-job training to hone and develop their technical skills. In this role, Interns assist in the preparation of individual, estate, gift and fiduciary tax returns. In addition, Interns may be responsible for research on tax law or other related projects.
We offer competitive hourly rates. Work hours are flexible according to school schedules, but require a minimum of 20 hours per week. Summer internships are typically full-time positions. WTAS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits each and every form of unlawful employment discrimination as delineated by federal, state or local law. WTAS welcomes and encourages workforce diversity.
Location: McLean, VA
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field and/or an advanced degree in Accounting, Taxation, JD or LLM;
- A minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Strong leadership, multitasking and organizational skills;
- Self-starter with initiative to seek out opportunities in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to interact with and gain the respect of all levels of internal and client personnel.
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizens or permanently authorized to work in the U.S.
- Preference given to veterans.
How To Apply: Login to E-Recruiting: http://salisbury.experience.com/experience/login