Economics & Finance
- Now: Fri Apr 10 13:09:58 EDT 2015
- Today: $today
- Apr 10, 2015 1:09:58 PM
- 4-10-2015 01:09 PM
- April 10, 2015 1:09:58 PM EDT
Welcome to the Department of Economics and Finance Homepage. The department offers studies in two closely related disciplines; Economics and Finance. All full-time faculty members in the department are terminally qualified in their fields.
Feel free to follow the links provided to learn more about the faculty, their specialties, the degree programs offered within the department, course descriptions and other departmental facts.
An important distinction of the department is the administration of the Perdue School Student Investment Fund. This is an equity portfolio managed entirely by undergraduate students, the first and only such program among University System of Maryland Schools.
- Praticum in Portfolio Management students attend G.A.M.E. Forum in New York city, March 19-21, 2015 (see details)
- Practicum in Portfolio Management students attend G.A.M.E Forum in
New York City, March 20-22, 2014 (see details)
- 16 Finance students participate in Global Asset Management Education (G.A.M.E.) forum in New York City April 4-6, 2013, thanks to gift from PNC Foundation, supplemented with grants from BB&T and the Perdue School. (see details)
- FMA students travel to NYC for annual financial district visit, April 4-6, 2013 (see details)
- PNC Foundation gift supports student travel to Global Asset Management Education (G.A.M.E.) forum in New York City in April 2013. (see press release).
- CFA Institute, the global association that sets the standard for professional excellence and administers the industry gold standard CFA charter, recently recognized Salisbury University’s Bachelor of Science Business Administration, Major in Finance, Investments Track as incorporating at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and placing emphasis on the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice within the program. Salisbury University is the first institution in Maryland to receive the honor.
- 20 Finance students participate in Global Asset Management Education (G.A.M.E.) forum in New York City March 29-31, 2012, thanks to gift from PNC Foundation. (see details)
- FMA students travel to NYC for annual financial district visit, March 29-31, 2012 (see details)
- PNC Foundation gift supports student travel to Global Asset Management Education (G.A.M.E.) forum in New York City in March 2012. (see press release).
- Economics student Susan Hamer was selected as a fellow to the prestigious American Academy of Political and Social Science (only 100 undergraduate fellows are selected nationally. http://www.aapss.org According to their website, "the Academy's members have included distinguished public servants such as Herbert Hoover and Francis Perkins. Notable individuals such as Eleanor Roosevelt, Booker T. Washington, W.E.B. DuBois, Harold Lasswell, Margaret Mead, and Mahatma Ghandi have served as special editors or contributing authors to The Annals"
- FMA students travel to NYC to visit Financial district (see details)
- Department hosts Financial Planning Association of Maryland Meetings (see details)
- ShoreEnergy is born (Visit Website). This is a grass roots effort by Finance faculty Dr. Danny Ervin and Dr. Tylor Claggett to address energy issues affecting the shore and the nation. (see latest newsletter)
- Economics Students finalists in 2006 College Fed Challenge. Click here to see Fed news release. Click here to see feature in the Daily Times.
- New Financial Planning track attains registered educational program status from Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) in Denver, CO.
- Department launches three new specialization tracks (Financial Planning, Investments, Corporate Finance) within the Finance Major starting Fall 2003.
- Finance Minor kicks off Fall 2003.
- Economics Students declared finalists in 2003 College Fed Challenge
- Economics students win 2002 College Fed Challenge! Click here to see feature in The Daily Times.