Skip to Main Content
Salisbury University BW
A Maryland University of National Distinction
navigation icon opens header SALISBURY UNIVERSITY

Salisbury University Police
navigation icon opens menu

Salisbury University Fire Log

      .
(This Page will show incidents 60 days prior to and 60 days after the date selected)
Case # Date Time Location Narrative
17-10-29-039662   10/29/2017   12:57 pm - 1:21 pm   Pocomoke Hall   University Police responded to Pocomoke Hall in reference to an activated fire alarm. Aluminum foil left on food caused a fire in a microwave. The fire was extinguished. No injuries or damages were reported.  
17-00157   4/3/2017   10:25 pm - 10:43 pm   Pocomoke Hall   University Police responded to Pocomoke Hall in reference to an activated fire alarm. Two residents were cooking eggs and left the frying pan unattended on the stove. The fire was extinguished. No injuries or damages were reported.  
17-00031   2/5/2017   1:34 am - 1:47 am   Wicomico Hall   University Police responded to Wicomico Hall in reference to an activated fire alarm. A resident had burned popcorn in an unattended microwave. No fire, property damage or injuries were reported.  
16-12-15-047498   12/15/2016   9:40 pm - 9:56 pm   Manokin Hall   University Police responded to a fire alarm in Manokin Hall. A resident had burned popcorn in the microwave, which set off the alarm. No evidence of a fire was found.  
16-00223   7/5/2016   4:52 p.m. - 5:11 p.m.   Sea Gull Square   University Police responded to a report of a grease fire in Sea Gull Square. The resident extinguished the fire; no injuries were reported. The fire caused minor damage to the range burner, drip pan and counter. Damages estimated at $100.  
15-00299   9/1/2015   6:59 am - 7:50 am   Sea Gull Square   University Police and Maintenance personnel responded to a report of a grease fire in Sea Gull Square. The residents quickly extinguished the fire. No property damage or injuries were reported.  
15-00053   2/14/2015   3:05 pm - 3:10 pm   Sea Gull Square   University Police responded to a report of an oven fire in Sea Gull Square. A cookie sheet full of tortilla chips had caught fire. The officer extinguished the fire. No injuries were reported; however, the oven and cabinet doors above the oven had to be replaced and the ceiling repainted.  
14-05249   10/19/2014   12:20:00 AM - 12:43:00 AM   Sea Gull Square   University Police and Maintenance personnel responded to a report of a grease fire in Sea Gull Square. The resident was able to put out the fire, but burned her hand. She was transported to the hospital for treatment. The fire caused minor damage to the kitchen floor.  
14-09-22-437333   9/22/2014   9:16:00 PM - 9:24:00 PM   Sea Gull Square   University Police and Maintenance personnel responded to a report of an outlet fire. A residents hair dryer malfunctioned causing the cord to smoke. When the resident tried to remove the plug from the outlet, she said there was a fire but it went out. Maintenance reported that the issue appeared to be with the hair dryer and not the outlet. The resident disposed of the dryer.  
14-05-04-417470   False   2:23:00 PM - 2:36:00 PM   Sea Gull Square (Grounds)   University Police and the Fire Department responded to a report of a small brush fire in the mulch outside Sea Gull Square. The Fire Department extinguished the fire.  
14-05-02-417059   5/2/2014   2:01:00 AM - 3:00:00 AM   Severn Hall   RA reported an odor of burning plastic in Severn Hall. University Police and maintenance employees responded to the scene but could find no evidence of a fire.  
13-04679   11/5/2013   12:12:00 AM - 12:17:00 AM   Manokin Hall   University Police responded to a fire alarm in Manokin Hall. The RD stated that they were cooking eggs and toast as part of a program. The food began to smoke which triggered the alarm. The smoke dissipated once the ceiling fans were turned on. No evidence of a fire was found.  
13-09-04-382409   9/4/2013   1:10:00 AM - 1:32:00 AM   Sea Gull Square   University Police and maintenance employees responded to a fire alarm in Sea Gull Square. No evidence of a fire was found. Maintenance thought the alarm may have sounded because someone burned popcorn.  
13-05-13-371634   5/13/2013   1:18:00 AM - 1:30:00 AM   Sea Gull Square   University Police responded to a fire alarm in Sea Gull Square. The residents had burned popcorn. No property damage or injuries were reported.  
13-04436   5/11/2013   1:46:00 PM - 1:48:00 PM   Sea Gull Square   A Sea Gull Square resident reported that a pizza box in an oven had caught on fire. The fire was extinguished. No property damage or injuries were reported.  
00690-003-2012   12/5/2012   11:45:00 PM - 11:45:00 PM   Sea Gull Square   Sea Gull Square residents were baking a pie and it caught on fire in the oven. The fire was extinguished. No property damage or injuries were reported.  
00569-001-2012   10/22/2012   7:00:00 PM - 7:00:00 PM   Sea Gull Square   Sea Gull Square resident reported that food cooking in a toaster oven was left unattended and caught on fire. The fire was extinguished. No injuries were reported.  
11-12-11-305756   12/11/2011   2:21:00 PM - 2:37:00 PM   Sea Gull Square   A Sea Gull Square resident reported that a microwave had caught on fire. The fire was extinguished. No injuries were reported; however, the microwave must be replaced.  
11-03670   11/22/2011   2:22:00 AM - 3:00:00 AM   Severn Hall   University Police and Salisbury Fire Department responded to a fire alarm in Severn Hall. Smoke was coming from one of the dryers in the laundry room. A small fire had ignited, but was extinguished when a maintenance employee cut off the gas line behind the dryer. No injuries were reported.  
11-03563   10/13/2011   8:15:00 PM - 8:22:00 PM   Chesapeake Hall   A Chesapeake Hall resident left an unattended pot on a stove which caught on fire. The fire was extinguished. No injuries were reported.  
#00349-2011   9/24/2011   10:55:00 PM - 10:55:00 PM   Severn Hall   A Severn Hall resident left an unattended hot comb wrapped in a towel on a bed. The comb was plugged in and burned the towel. The RA unplugged the comb; no injuries were reported.  
10-03141   12/5/2010   11:30:00 PM -   Univ. Analysis Reporting   Complainant reported property damage to the exterior door of the University Analysis Reporting and Assessment building. Officer found the remains of a burnt paper bag that may have caused the damage to the door frame.  
10-09-03-259876   9/3/2010   6:30:00 PM - 6:44:00 PM   Pocomoke Hall   University Police responded to a fire alarm in Pocomoke Hall. The fire was caused by food burning in a microwave oven. The microwave was removed by maintenance. No injuries were reported.  
N/A   5/3/2010   3:30:00 PM -   University Park   A resident of University Park accidentally pulled their computer wires under the corner of the desk causing an electrical fire. The fire was extinguished; no injuries were reported.  
10-03-26-243607   3/26/2010   11:30:00 PM - 11:50:00 PM   Pocomoke Hall   University Police responded to a report of a fire in Pocomoke Hall. The fire was caused by food burning in a microwave oven. No injuries were reported.  
10-02703   2/13/2010   3:17:00 AM - 3:30:00 AM   Choptank Hall   Officers were called to respond to a fire alarm at Choptank Hall. After a search of the building, no fire was found. A fire extinguisher had been removed from the third floor and discharged in the elevator.  
09-02522   10/14/2009   9:42:00 PM -   St. Martin Hall   Ashes from a smoking device ignited a trash can in a St. Martin Hall resident's room. The fire was extinguished. No injuries occurred. Property damage - $10 (trash can).  
N/A   False   4:00:00 AM -   Severn Hall   A student used a lighter to ignite a paper lunch bag that was displayed on a resident's door. The fire was extinguished; the bag was destroyed. No injuries were reported.  

View All

Need help or have questions about this page? Please visit our Ask a Question or Report a Problem page.
Salisbury University 1101 Camden Avenue Salisbury, MD 21801 410-543-6000

/police/firelog/default.html