Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development Hub
Dean Christy Weer, Dr. Eugene Hahn, John Hickman, Bill Burke, Christina Gordy and Kathy Sterling have brought together the Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development Hub in one central campus location on the first floor of Perdue Hall, which opened this past spring. The Hub provides support for innovative and entrepreneurial minded students from across campus for entry into the Student Entrepreneurship Competitions and the Shore Hatchery.
Students and entrepreneurs utilize this space to support one another and the campus community in opportunity discovery, idea assessment, business plan development and entrepreneurship competition readiness. Prototyping and product assembly facilities to transform ideas to reality will also be available.
The October schedule in the Hub includes:
- Student Collegiate Entrepreneurship Organization (CEO) - Meetings held the first Tuesday and third Thursday each month. Next meetings: October 3, 7 p.m.; October 18, 3:30 p.m.
- TEDCO office hours with Bill Bernard the third Tuesday: October 17, 11:30 a.m.
- hotDesks workshops with Mike Thielke – Ideation Monday, October 16 and 23, 6:30 p.m.; and Investor Pitch workshop – Tuesday, October 24, 6:30 p.m.
- Shore Hatchery – Friday, October 27
- STRT1UP Roadshow – Startup Pitch Bus – Friday, October 27