Candidates in the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership Program complete an approved program of study including at least 33 semester hours of graduate credit (a minimum of 24 hours completed at SU) with a cumulative average of 3.0 or higher, with no grade lower than C, and no more than six credit hours of C or C+ in the program.
The M.Ed. in Educational Leadership Program is an NCATE and Maryland State Department of Education approved program leading to the Administrator I certificate. Candidates who complete the M.Ed. in educational leadership and who meet the requirement of 27 months of satisfactory teaching performance will be eligible for the Administrator I certificate. However, it is the responsibility of the candidate to understand and fulfill all state requirements and to make application to the state for certification. Candidates in states other than Maryland should consult with their state Department of Education to determine specific certification requirements.
Candidates in the M.Ed. in educational leadership program take courses in the following sequence:
- EDLD 510 Educational Leadership and Technology
- EDLD 512 Educational Research and Educational Leadership
- EDLD 514 Aligning Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
- EDLD 516 P-12 School Administration
- EDLD 517 Supervision to Improve Instruction
- EDLD 550 Leadership and Change
- EDLD 552 Diversity and Group Dynamics in Educational Leadership
- EDLD 555 Public School Fiscal and Human Resource Management
- EDLD 656 Educational Leadership Internship/Issues Analysis
- EDUC 619 The Law and Public Education