M.S. in Geographic Information Systems Management Admission
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Fall admission – No later than August 1.
Spring admission – No later than December 1.
Summer admission (recommended) – No later than May 1.
Prerequisites for the M.S. in GIS management program include completion of undergraduate coursework in mathematics (college-level algebra or above) and elementary statistics.
Admission to the program requires applicants to complete an Application for Graduate Admission at Salisbury University – visit the Graduate Studies Office for details – and the following program-specific requirements:
- Three academic and/or professional recommendations addressing the applicant’s qualifications to do graduate work.
- A personal statement of about 500 words that describes the applicant’s goals related to the pursuit of this graduate program of study and to his/her overall career.
- A professional resume highlighting:
- any management or technical experience working in a professional capacity in business, government or non-government organizations
- knowledge of and recent (within the last three years) professional experience using GIS software, demonstrated by at least one year or more of professional GIS experience
- at least two semesters of geographic information science courses
- some combination of professional GIS experience and formal coursework
- Recent graduates (less than three years) must submit GRE scores.
Students may only apply only once every 12 months.