M.S. in Geographic Information Systems Management Admission
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Fall admission – No later than August 1.
Spring admission – No later than December 1.
Summer admission (recommended) – No later than May 1.
Admission to the GIS Management program requires applicants to complete an Application for Graduate Admission at Salisbury University – visit the Graduate Studies Office for details – and the following additional program-specific requirements:
- Two academic or professional recommendations addressing the applicant’s ability to do graduate work.
- A personal statement of about 500 words that describes the applicant’s goals related to the pursuit of this graduate program of study to their overall career.
- Valid GRE results. Students more than 3-years removed from graduation (undergraduate) may request a GRE waiver. (Due to COVID-19. The GRE is waived for all students applying for summer 2020, fall 2020 enrollment, spring 2021, and fall 2021 enrollment).
- Completion of undergraduate coursework in both algebra and statistics.
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited US university or international equivalent.
- International applicants who are non-native speakers of English should present a TOEFL score of at least 550 points (paper-based test) or 79 (internet-based test). Students may substitute this for other evidence of English proficiency (such as graduation from an English speaking university) at the graduate director’s discretion.
- A professional resume highlighting:
- any management or technical experience working in a professional capacity in business, government or non-government organizations
- knowledge of and recent (within the last three years) professional experience using GIS software
- at least two semesters of geographic information science courses
- some combination of professional GIS experience and formal coursework
Students may only apply only once every 12 months.