M.A. in English Admission
August 1 for Fall Semester Admission
January 1 for Spring Semester Admission
March 15 for Applications for Teaching Assistantships and Fall Semester Admission
To be considered for admission, students must have completed a bachelor’s degree in English (or a related field) with a minimum 3.0 GPA in those courses.
Admission to the program requires applicants to complete an Application for Graduate Admission at Salisbury University – visit the Graduate Studies Office for details – and the following program-specific requirements:
- Statement of Purpose for applying to the English M.A. program and specific option.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Qualifying examination scores sent to the Office of Graduate Studies, 1101 Camden Avenue, Salisbury, MD 21801.
- Applicants who wish to be considered for Teaching Assistantships are required to have acceptable scores on the GRE General Test. (If scores are not available at the time of application, a Copy of GRE Registration Form should be forwarded to the graduate program director.)
- For applicants who are not requesting consideration for Teaching Assistantships, GRE General Test, MAT or Praxis I scores are acceptable.
- NOTE: Qualifying examination scores are considered relative to undergraduate (and previous graduate) GPAs, recommendations, statements of purpose, and interviews (if required). There is no set cutoff or minimum score for “acceptable.”