Canvas FAQs For Instructors
- Why does SU call Canvas, MyClasses?
- When are courses created in MyClasses?
- I have a cross-listed course or multiple sections of the same course, can these be combined?
- Do I have to use MyClasses for my course?
- When are students added to courses in MyClasses?
- When do students have access to courses?
- If I publish my course before the term start date, will students have access to the course?
- How do I customize the courses on my Dashboard? How do I locate all of MyCourses?
- How can I receive training and assistance on MyClasses Canvas?
- How do I give a student extra time on a quiz?
- How do I give a student an extra attempt to a quiz?
- Can students access files within the Files area?
- How can I assign different due dates for a graded activity?
- How do I hide grade statistics from students?
- I plan on using other methods to calculate the students' final grades. How can I hide the totals in the MyClasses gradebook from students?
- How do I allow attachments in discussions?
- How do I restrict students from commenting on my Announcements?