August 29: COVID-19 Testing Deadline and Next Steps
August 29, 2020
Members of the Campus Community,
In order to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and to allow campuses to establish a baseline of its prevalence, the University System of Maryland issued the requirement that all students, faculty, and staff be tested for COVID-19 prior to coming to campus for the fall semester. As described in Salisbury University’s Faculty and Staff Guide for Returning to Campus and in other communications, August 28 was the deadline for faculty and staff to submit their negative COVID-19 test results to email@example.com or Human Resources. As the entry of received test results is being completed this weekend, we wanted to alert you to the next steps if your test results have not yet been received. If you had a positive test result, please contact your supervisor and firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not done so already.
For All Campus Community Members
- Those who do not have negative tests on file will be notified by email that they are not able to attend in-person classes or report to work on campus beginning Monday, August 31.
- Results for tests conducted by SU personnel have been submitted automatically and will not need to be resubmitted by the individual student or employee.
- Students, faculty, and staff must still pass a daily online (or in-person) COVID-19 screening, available via the app, before coming to campus. Visit www.salisbury.edu/coronavirus/screening.aspx to download the app and for more information. (Those not planning to be on campus are encouraged to use the app as a self-screening tool, as well.)
- The deadline to complete SU’s mandatory online Coronavirus Awareness and Prevention training has been extended until Friday, September 4. If you have not already, please do so at https://myclasses.salisbury.edu
- Employees without negative tests on file should sign-up for the next available SU testing date, Friday, September 4, at www.salisbury.edu/coronavirus/testing-info.aspx
- Employees without negative test results on file will not be allowed in campus buildings until they have been cleared.
- Staff members without negative test results on file will be required to telework or use leave time for scheduled workdays until being cleared to come to campus and should contact their supervisors and the Human Resources Office if they have questions.
- Faculty members without negative test results on file should plan to teach and work remotely until being cleared to come to campus and should contact their supervisors and the Human Resources Office if they have questions.
- Any employee who submitted a negative test but receives an email notifying them that their test is not on file should resubmit their test to the Human Resources Office at email@example.com.
- The requirement to submit a negative test result does not apply to those who are teleworking and do not plan to be on campus at all during the fall semester, or those who submitted positive tests and since have been cleared to come to campus.
- Please email any questions to StayInformed@salisbury.edu.
For more information and resources, please continue to visit the SU COVID-19 webpage at www.salisbury.edu/coronavirus. Stay safe, and thank you for doing your part to #ProtectTheFlock.
Need More Information?
Have questions about positive tests or failed screenings? Looking for the testing dashboard? Visit the COVID-19 Testing webpage.
Looking for policies and procedures, including Campus ID Requirements, Campus Visitors, Daily Screening, Face Mask Policy, Testing and Travel Information? Visit the main COVID-19 website.
Looking for details on Academics, Athletics, Dining, Housing, Student Activities, Student Health Services, etc.? Visit the Informed Students & Families webpage for more details on these areas and more.