Sophomore Year Experience
Here are learning activities that you can participate in during your sophomore year that will serve you well as you develop you upcoming career:
- Top 10 Career Strategies for Freshmen and Sophomores
- Cement your major and (possibly) a minor. Sometimes it helps to take a self assessment, an interest test that will help you decide what major to pursue.
- Know what majors are available at SU and what you can do with a degree in...
- Talk to your faculty advisor about your major selection or schedule an appointment with the Career Services Staff.
- Join clubs and activities on-campus. This is especially helpful if a club relates to a specific occupation you may want to pursue.
- Continue your volunteer work. Go to the Volunteer Center to view openings. It is a great way to gain career-related experience.
- Work on-campus to earn extra money.
- think about studying abroad in the next few semesters. Only 3% of American students study abroad and by so doing it will really help you stand out from the crowd.
- Learn what skills and abilities you must possess when you graduate from college to be successful. All employers want these from their employees, no matter what the major.
- Students often, inadvertently, hurt their future careers. Dangers lurk - Beware! Know them before it is too late.
- The time to begin is NOW. Career Services stands ready to help you. Come into our office in GUC 133 anytime.
♦ Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior and Senior Career Planning Guide Overview of all 4 Years
♦ Click to get a list of activities you will need to do to ensure your career success as Junior and Senior.