Big Six Experiences
A recent Gallup-Purdue University study identified six key experiences that lead to undergraduates completing their degrees on-time and lead to higher levels of engagement and satisfaction after graduation. These have become known as “The Big 6 Experiences.” The Career Services Team is here to guide and coach you so that you can collect all six while you are here with us.
- Seek out and take classes with professors who get you excited to learn;
- Cultivate long term (beyond 1 semester) relationships with professors (and University staff such as Coaches, Career and Academic Advisors) who care about you as an individual;
- Find a mentor who will push you to reach your goals;
- Work on long-term projects related to topics and issues that interest you (think volunteerism for causes that you care about or that are related to your career interests);
- Find a job or complete an internship (or several internships) related to what you are learning and/or hope to pursue for your career;
- Get engaged in extracurricular activities and groups.