At Salisbury University, diversity is at the core of our Vision, Mission, and Values. We have an unwavering commitment to serving all students regardless of background and preferences.
Our mission is to empower students to identify and maximize the connection between what they learn and how they make a living. We embrace all forms of diversity and promote Diversity Equity & Inclusion in an effort to prepare students for an inclusive workforce.
Ultimately, it is crucial for students to self-manage their own lifetime career development. To that end, we provide programming that supports our DEI efforts. We offer comprehensive services to facilitate self-assessment, skill identification, career exploration, decision-making, career preparation and graduate school selection. Partnering with faculty, staff, alumni and employers we seek to guide students toward active citizenship in an inclusive, diverse, interdependent world through productive and satisfying work.
- Believes that every person has value as well as unique skills and abilities to contribute to society
- Understands that strategies are needed to strengthen and support historically marginalized groups
- Embraces all forms of diversity
- Supports and collaborates with faculty and staff to promote DEI in our effort to prepare students for a diverse workforce
- Strongly encourages all of our employers to embrace and demonstrate a commitment to building diverse, equitable and inclusive workplaces.
- Delivers programs for students and support services for employers that foster a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for everyone.
Career Services is dedicated to serving a diverse client population of students, alumni, and employers. We deliver services that prepare our job seekers for a diverse workforce that will utilize their unique talents and skills by:
- Empowering students to self-advocate and prepare for a diverse work environment
- Increasing the Cultural Competence of full-time and student staff through professional development and training.
- Seeking diverse professionals who can relate to students from diverse backgrounds
- Partnering with employers who are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We analyze our employers’ commitment to DEI by reviewing their hiring practices, the inclusivity of their leadership positions, the availability of diverse mentoring programs, and their commitment as described on all of their online platforms (website, social media, etc.).
- Providing support for community partners to utilize existing resources or implement new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives by sharing best practices for hiring and retaining underrepresented student populations to create a more prosperous future.
- Actively seeking funding for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion scholarships, grants, fellowships and other financial resources to support students in their career goals