Sea Gull Start Up & First Flight – SU’s New Student Orientation Experience
All new first-year students must participate in both Sea Gull Start Up and First Flight. These experiences happen at different times, but complement one another.
Sea Gull Start Up will take place primarily in the month of June, as a way to help students:
- Learn about academic expectations
- Identify resources and information specific to your major and course selection
- Find out about resources available at SU to support your success.
First Flight, Salisbury University’s multiple-day program facilitated by student leaders, will be held on the Thursday - Sunday prior to the first day of classes in August and the Saturday – Sunday prior to the first day of classes in January. First Flight will provide valuable information about becoming part of the SU community, making friends, getting involved and becoming comfortable at your new home. The following information is for both first year and transfer students; residential and commuter students – so please be sure to join us!
- Sea Gull Start Up – for Fall 2022, is scheduled to take place in-person throughout the month of June, dates to be announced in Mid-April
- New students will gain access to complete their academic advising survey and register for a Sea Gull Start-Up date in mid to late April.
- First Flight – Thursday, August 25, 2022 – Sunday, August 28, 2022
- First Day of Classes (Fall 2022) – Monday, August 29, 2022
Sea Gull Start Up Online
Your Sea Gull Start Up Online Modules experience will complement you in-person opportunities with Salisbury University staff, Orientation Leaders, and Academic Advisers with a series of self-paced online modules.
Our self-paced modules include:
- Welcome to SU
- Life at SU
- Money Matters
- General Academic Information
- Academic Advising
- Advising Toolkit
- Additional Resources
What’s your time commitment? We estimate it will take you about four hours to complete Sea Gull Start Up Online Modules. The modules will also walk students through all of their Required Trainings:
- Diversity Training
- Consent & Respect
Students will learn more about their requirements during Sea Gull Start-Up (in-person) and through the Online Modules.
For some helpful information related to Transfer Student Admissions, please visit this Transfer Student Admissions site