Sea Gull Start Up & First Flight – SU’s New Student Orientation Experience
All new transfer students (students who have earned 24 or more transferable credits and at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA) must participate in both Sea Gull Start Up and First Flight. These experiences happen at different times, but complement one another.
Sea Gull Start Up will take place primarily in the month of June, as a way to help students:
- Learn about academic expectations
- Identify resources and information specific to your major and course selection
- Find out about resources available at SU to support your success.
First Flight, Salisbury University’s multiple-day program facilitated by student leaders, will be held on the Thursday - Sunday prior to the first day of classes in August. First Flight will provide valuable information about becoming part of the SU community, making friends, getting involved and becoming comfortable at your new home. The following information is for both first year and transfer students; residential and commuter students – so please be sure to join us!
- Sea Gull Start Up – for summer 2021, all Sea Gull Start Up dates will be held online during the month of June
- First Flight – August 26th – August 29th
Sea Gull Start Up Online
Your Sea Gull Start Up Online experience will combine opportunities for real-time engagement with Salisbury University staff, Orientation Leaders, and Academic Advisers with a series of self-paced online modules.
The virtual orientation experience has combined some live/synchronous activities with self-paced asynchronous activities. We will begin to accept reservations for Sea Gull Start Up Online in April 2021. When you make a reservation for orientation, you should select a start date that allows you to complete all synchronous and asynchronous orientation activities within 2 days.
Our live/synchronous activities include:
- A Welcome
- Zoom Orientation Leader Small group session,
- Meeting with your academic adviser
Our self-paced activities include:
- Sea Gull Start Up Online MyClasses Course
Your participation in the Sea Gull Start Up Online session with staff, orientation leaders, and academic adviser is required in order to gain access to additional self-paced module. You will be able to select from date and time options within our reservation system.
What’s your time commitment? We estimate it will take you about six hours to complete Sea Gull Start Up:
- Welcome, Orientation Leader Small Group, and Academic Adviser Session: 1.5 hours
- Self-paced online modules the next day: 3-4 hours
We will be offering a special July Webinar Series for family members to familiarize themselves with the SU Community, and support new students through their SU journey.
For some helpful information related to Transfer Student Admissions, please visit this Transfer Student Admissions site