COVID-19 Precautions Continue for Summer

Housing Accommodations & Emotional Support Animals

Students with disabilities who have specific needs related to housing must register with the DRC to request accommodations. As with all accommodation requests, we engage with students in an individualized process to determine reasonable and appropriate accommodations.

The Director of the Disability Resource Center will review all requests for housing accommodations, emotional support animals, and meal plan adjustments for students with disabilities.

How to Request Housing/Dining/ESA/Accommodations

  1. Apply through the general admission process, be accepted, and commit to Salisbury University by submitting your deposit.
  2. Complete and submit the DRC Housing/ESA Student Application.
  3. Appropriate documentation must also be submitted with a student request Submit documentation of a disability. Providers should complete the verification form below:
    Reasonable Accommodation Verification Form for Housing/Dining Accommodations (PDF)


    Reasonable Accommodation Verification Form for an Assistance Animal (PDF)

  4. DRC Director will review all accommodation requests for housing, dining, and emotional support animals carefully. When evaluating requests factors such as the likely impact on academic performance, student’s level of comfort, timing of the request, and feasibility are all considered.

Rooming with or near Friends

Students who would like to request to be housed with or near friends or in a specific location on campus, please following the general Housing & Residence Life guidance to submit those requests separately. Please be aware that decisions made by the DRC are only for the student making the request and are based on disability-related need(s). Determinations do not include students without disabilities, and do not circumvent the regular housing selection process.