The DRC offers a variety of services to and for students with disabilities on campus including but not limited to: exam accommodations, assistive technology training, alternative textbooks and course materials, academic-skill building, voter registration assistance, academic coaching and advocacy. We also provide guidance to prospective students and families on the process of request accommodations, differences between high school and college accommodations/laws, documentation requirements, etc.
The DRC accommodation letter is the official communication to faculty that outlines each student’s approved accommodations/services. Before a student can provide an accommodation letter to their faculty, they need to register with the DRC to request accommodations/services (see how).
After a student has established accommodations with the DRC, they will use the AIM Online Portal, to request accommodations to send accommodation letters to their professors each semester. Students are highly encouraged to do so during the first week of the semester, or as soon as possible.
How to Request Accommodation Letters
Log in to the AIM Online Portal with your Gullnet username and password. (Duo is required)
- Under Select Accommodations for Your Class, you should find all the classes for which you are currently registered.
- Under Step 1: Select Classes, check the box next to each class for which you’d like to use accommodations.
- Click Step 2: Continue to Customize Your Accommodations.
- Select the accommodation(s) you would like to use for each class.
*Testing accommodations are grouped into the category titled Alternative Testing. For example, if you are eligible for 50% extended time and reduced distraction testing, those accommodations are included in Alternative Testing.
- After you’ve selected the appropriate accommodations, select the check box requesting the DRC to email your letter to your professors.
- Once you have completed this process for each of your classes, click the button titled, Submit Your Accommodation Requests. Your screen should read “ System Update is Successful”.
Please allow DRC staff 1-2 business days to process your requests. Once the DRC has processed your requests, you and the appropriate faculty members will receive your accommodation letter(s) via email.
Before using Accommodation Information Manager (AIM), you will need formally register/ request accommodations through the DRC. Please review the “How to Register” section of the DRC webpage