Student Wellness Program
Life is a Journey, not a destination.
Salisbury University's Wellness Program is a principle leadership organization for advancing the health and wellness of college students and campus communities through the active involvement of our students. Its mission is to help students live healthy balanced lifestyles that incorporate the positive attitudes and productive behaviors related to our eight dimensions of wellness.
- Occupational - Achieving a healthy balance between class-work, work, and leisure time by addressing workplace and classroom stresses, and building strong relationships with coworkers and classmates
- Emotional - Developing self-awareness, managing stress in healthy ways, care for emotional crisis, relaxation
- Physical - Engaging in healthy activities, and taking care of one's body, nutrition, fitness, and medical self-care
- Social/Interpersonal - Healthy relationships with family, friends and others, a sense of belonging, and contributing to a community
- Intellectual - Education, new perspectives, mental stimulation, career development
- Spiritual - Participation in a faith community, connection to something greater than one's self, love, hope, peace, a sense of purpose
- Financial - Achieving a balance between having a healthy state of wellbeing today while preparing financially for tomorrow, feeling in control over one's current finances and their financial future
- Environmental - Trying to live in harmony with the earth by understanding the impact of interaction with nature and personal environment, taking action to protect the world around you
- Increase awareness of factors and resources contributing to well-being while encouraging habits of wellness.
- Contribute to positive well-being and provide information, activities, and services designed to support healthy lifestyle choices.
- Inspire and empower students to take responsibility for their own health.
- Empower students to adopt positive attitudes and behaviors through a lifelong commitment to wellness.