Student Affairs Assessment
Student Affairs Assessment | A Definition and Framework
Student Affairs Assessment is “an intentional, consistent, and methodical collection and examination of various types of data that provide insights into and evidence of student affairs’ impact on students’ participation in and learning from co-curricular services and activities.”
Our Assessment Vision
A premier learning and student-service organization that models exemplary planning and assessment practices that benefit our division, our students and families, our University, the University System of Maryland, and the higher education profession globally.
Our Assessment Mission
Student Affairs Assessment promotes, advocates, and builds capacity for sustaining a culture of planning, assessment, and evidence across the division in support of student learning and University mission.
Our Values Guiding the Student Affairs Assessment Agenda
Our Assessment Strategy
We will achieve our mission and, ultimately, our vision through intentional and consistent efforts such as implementing and evaluating the following strategies:
- thoughtful planning and assessment initiatives and activities;
- informative professional development and training for staff;
- recognition events for outstanding assessment practices;
- timely information dissemination on assessment results;
- presentations in appropriate professional organizations;
- scholarly writing related to planning and assessment practices;
- appropriate, consistent and fair accountability measures;
- providing reasoned recommendations to the vice president for student affairs, associate vice president for student affairs, unit directors, University leadership, faculty and campus partners, and other stakeholders; and
- assisting staff and unit directors with defining and operationalizing assessment.