The Strategic Planning and Budgeting Committee (SPBC) will review the University's pursuit and achievement of the Strategic Plan and other associated goals. In concert with that process, the SPBC will consult various campus constituents and subsequently recommend modifications and/or enhancements during the annual budgeting process, including additional budget items or the elimination of items.
The charge of the Committee is as follows:
- Establish a process for prioritizing recommendations for new funding, funding reductions or the reallocation of funds.
- Participate in activities to build a working knowledge of the University, USM, DLS and DBM budget and budgeting processes, including awareness of university fiscal conditions, constraints and opportunities.
- Share information about the committee's process and outcomes with all relevant campus constituencies. Solicit input that will inform recommendations.
- Provide recommendations for new or expanded initiatives, enhancements and/or reallocations. Recommendations should be accompanied by cost estimates, expected outcomes, metrics for success, and where applicable, an identified source of funding.
The Strategic Planning and Budgeting Committee charge, and the process used therein, may be modified by the President and Executive Staff as necessary.
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting Committee Members
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting System (SU Login required)
- Salisbury University Strategic Plan - Current
Spring 2019 Focus Groups
Please contact Carrie Tingle at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the session of your choice.
Not available to attend a session in person? We have created a Canvas discussion board for Strategic Planning. Visit the Strategic Planning Canvas page and use your SU username and password to Join This Course. There are discussion boards for each of the focus group topics with strategies we are discussing in each focus group. Please provide your feedback on these strategies and add any other innovative ideas you have. Additionally, you can submit your feedback anonymously via the Strategic Planning survey.
Focus Group Topic Session Option #1 Session Option #2 Session Option #3 Affordability, Accessibility and Attracting Students Thursday, February 28 th 9:00am-10:30am GSU 135 (Wicomico Rm) Subject Expert: Beth Skoglund Monday, March 4 th 3:00pm-4:30pmCB 211 (Worcester Rm) Subject Expert: Aaron Basko Tuesday, March 19 th 10:30am-12:00pmCB 211 (Worcester Rm) Subject Expert: Aaron Basko Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Friday, March 1 st 9:00am-10:30amCB 213 (Frederick Room) Tuesday, March 5 th 3:00pm-4:30pmCB 211 (Worcester Rm) Wednesday, March 20 th 10:30am-12:00pmCB 214 (Montgomery Rm) Sustainability and Environmental Stewardship Monday, March 4 th 9:00am-10:30am CB 211 (Worcester Rm) Thursday, March 7 th 3:00pm-4:30pmCB 211 (Worcester Rm) Tuesday, March 19 th 1:00pm-2:30pmCB 211 (Worcester Rm) External Partnership and Community Engagement Wednesday, March 6 th 9:00am-10:30amCB 214 (Montgomery Rm) Subject Expert: Sandy Pope Monday, March 11 th 3:00pm-4:30pmCB 214 (Montgomery Rm) Thursday, March 21 st 1:30pm-3:00pmCB 214 (Montgomery Rm) Subject Expert: Sandy Pope Academic Programs and Student Success Friday, March 8 th 9:00am-10:30amGSU 135 (Wicomico Rm) Subject Experts: Melissa Boog and Heather Holmes Tuesday, March 12 th 3:00pm-4:30pmGAC 462 (Assembly Hall) Subject Expert: Melissa Boog Monday, March 18 th 1:30pm-3:00pmCB 211 (Worcester Rm) Subject Experts: Melissa Boog and Heather Holmes Funding Model and Business Practices Tuesday, March 12 th 9:00am-10:30amGAC 462 (Assembly Hall) Wednesday, March 13 th 3:00pm-4:30pmCB 214 (Montgomery Rm) Friday, March 22 nd 1:30pm-3:00pmCB 211 (Worcester Rm) Campus Environment and Spaces Thursday, February 28 th 3:00pm-4:30pmGAC 462 (Assembly Hall) Wednesday, March 13 th 9:00am-10:30amCB 214 (Montgomery Rm) Tuesday, March 19 th 3:00pm-4:30pmCB 211 (Worcester Rm)
SPB Committee Meeting Information
- Meeting Email and Agenda
- Meeting Email and Agenda
- SPBC Timeline (Draft)
- SCUP PI2 Planning Framework
- SCUP PI2 Worksheet Toolkit
- Meeting Email and Agenda - SCUP Planning Institute
- Facilitator Biographies
- Participant Pre-Read
- Readiness for Change Assessment
- Trends for Higher Education
- Developing and Implementing a Strategic Plan
- Implementation Readiness Questionnaire
- Strategic Planning-Historical
- External Resources