About the Office of Institutional Equity
The Office of Institutional Equity supports and advances the University’s commitment to create an inclusive environment free of discrimination and supportive of all by leading campus efforts to manage all aspects of the Fair Practices/Affirmative Action programs, as well as Title IX compliance, and weaves the diversity strategy throughout our campus.
About the Spring 2017 Internship Opening: Diversity & Inclusion Intern
The Office of Institutional Equity is seeking an undergraduate student (junior/senior) passionate about diversity and inclusion to be the Spring 2017 Diversity & Inclusion Intern. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, reviewing training modules, assisting with event research, planning and execution, compiling materials and preparing for meetings, research and develop informational materials on diversity and inclusion topics, and assisting in planning and executing education, marketing and communications plan for various diversity and inclusion initiatives.
The Diversity & Inclusion Internship Outcomes
- Broader understanding of the importance and challenges of increasing participation of underrepresented groups in higher education.
- Broader understanding of the importance of cultural competence to eliminating educational disparities and meeting the needs of a diverse campus community.
- Experience with the logistics of planning and implementing workforce development programs.
- Experience with the logistics of planning and implementing campus events.
- Demonstrated administrative skills that are applicable to entry-level employment.
What You Need To Know To Apply
This is an unpaid internship. Internship starts in February and concludes in May, with flexible start and end dates. To qualify, candidates must be available for office hours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and/or Friday for 10 hours a week.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse identities and backgrounds
- Great attention to detail
- Skills for timely multi-tasking
- Professional writing and communication skills
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
To apply for an internship, please prepare the following application:
- Internship questionnaire
- Writing sample
Please submit all materials by e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line "YOUR NAME – Diversity & Inclusion Internship Application".