Powerful Connections Orientation Program
Activities and programs related to successful transitioning to University life represent an institutional commitment to create and foster an environment that values diversity while encouraging an appreciation and respect for differences. The Powerful Connections Orientation Program is a vital tool for new students of diverse backgrounds to set success in motion at Salisbury University to "Make Tomorrow Yours."
We strive to orient students of diverse backgrounds to Salisbury University. Through this experience we aim to provide you with:
- Connections to upper-class students through peer mentoring
- An understanding of academic expectations and social responsibility
- A familiarity with the Salisbury University campus
The resources offered by our program can give you the confidence to perform in the classroom and the skills to take leadership roles across campus. Our program benefits include:
- Connections to a peer mentor
- Connections to faculty and staff
- Orientation to academic expectations
- Connections to other students of diverse backgrounds
- Program Fee: $160.00 (Scholarships are available)
- Inclusive Dates: August 21-25, 2022
- Enrollment is Limited
Mentee Interest Meetings
Become a Mentor:
Ever wanted to be a mentor in the Powerful Connections Orientation Program? Attend one of our interest meetings to learn about the role and expectation of being a mentor within the Powerful Connections Program. You must attend one of the session to in order to receive the mentor application to apply. If you are unable to attend one of the session do to class or work schedule, please reach out to Multicultural Student Services at ODI@salisbury.edu.
Mentor Interest Meetings
Please contact ODI@salisbury.edu or call 410-677-5407.