Powerful Connections Diversity Orientation Program
Activities and programs related to successful transitioning to University life represent an institutional commitment to create and foster an environment that values diversity while encouraging an appreciation and respect for differences. The Powerful Connections diversity orientation program is a vital link for new students of diverse backgrounds and their success at Salisbury University, A Maryland University of National Distinction.
We strive to orient students of diverse backgrounds to Salisbury University. Through this experience we aim to provide you with:
- Connections to upper-class students through peer mentoring
- To understand the goals, programs, activities and available resources from the departments of Multicultural Student Services, Disability Resource Center and the TRIO Student Support Services.
- An understanding of academic expectations and social responsibility
- A familiarity with the Salisbury University campus
The resources offered by our program can give you the confidence to perform in the classroom and the skills to take leadership roles across campus. Our program benefits include:
- Connections to a peer mentor
- Connections to faculty and staff
- Orientation to academic expectations
- Connections to other students of diverse backgrounds
- Program Fee: $160
- Inclusive Dates: August 22 - 26, 2021
- Enrollment is Limited
- Registration Begins: April 10, 2021
Mentee Interest Meetings
- April 15, 2021 at 6pm
- April 21, 2021 at 5pm
- May 5, 2021 at 6:30pm
How to Register
You can register for Powerful Connections through GullNet. Login to GullNet then navigate to Self-Service > Student Program Enrollment > Enroll in a Program. Select Powerful Connections Program and complete the registration information. The program fee of $160 will bill automatically to your student account.
Become a Mentor:
Ever wanted to be a mentor in the Powerful Connections Diversity Orientation Program? Attend one of our interest meetings to learn about the role and expectation of being a mentor within the Powerful Connections Program. You must attend one of the session to in order to receive the mentor application to apply.
If you are unable to attend one of the session do to class or work schedule, please reach out to Richard Potter, Program Coordinator of Multicultural Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentor Interest Meetings
- April 13, 2021 at 6pm - 7pm
- April 20, 2021 at 5pm - 6pm
- April 29, 2021 at 5:30pm - 6:30pm